• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fitment of Wake Wedge and Thrust Vectors * Answered *

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot and I have been asked by a few board members about the compatibility of the 2 aftermarket items on your 2015 and newer 240 series jet boats. Well here is the answer, for sure these 2 work perfectly together. When the TV comes up to the point of the top of the bracket, there is still plenty of room for the TV to turn.

20180307_161008.jpg

Why did I not mention @Cobra Jet Steering LLC , simply put, his fins were never an issue, you could either set them to stay down, or they stayed down.

That is all.

This has been a P.S.A. from Gantlin Products :)

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thank you @jcyamaharider Also the system I make adds a second tie rod to balance out the twin engine keel boats like the one in the picture and it has the Mega Fang upgrade available for power steering effect, Enhanced reverse THRUST POWER plus very nice reverse control and Improved steering control above what the existing system offers.
You can also add that Mega Fang system to the existing thrust vector X V steering system if you have that system on your boat to get All those benefits for $219.98 to cover both nozzles if you choose. This would be an improvement over the X V system or the Magnum A K system but not as good as the magnum A K system and the mega fangs combined , We love offering a variety of options . There is also the Ultimate system and optional Mega Fangs for the non rudder twin engine boats . If your boating style requires it we probably offer it. 15 years of experience improving the jet propelled watercraft experience. 10 percent discount for all jetboaters.net members just pm. me!

Last edited:

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider thank you for posting! I know any will benefit from this info!!!

Paulie44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hello gents. What about the wake wedge being compatible with thrust vector XLs on a 2013 212x? Love to get a wake wedge this summer.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
From my conversations with Gantlin they will work fine with Thrust Vector XL or XV on newer model 21 footers (2012-2018). They do not work with 2006-2011 models.

Paulie44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Great. Thanks. BTW Love the vectors. Also bought lateral thrusters and throttle sync. About to install those soon and report back experience.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Paulie44 thanks! Excited to hear your feedback!

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You will love the throttle sync. On my 17' ar240 I had throttle drop big time. With Will's throttle sync that went away. A few adjustments on the throttle cable and now both engines are running only 50-75 rpm's apart all the way through full range. Engines are now topping out 7580 and 7630 rpms and they where around 7300 before. Now I'm not saying that throttle sync will get you 200-300 more rpm's, but they will sync the engines rpms closer and adjusting the throttle cable will help the boat run at its peak performance.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hello gents. What about the wake wedge being compatible with thrust vector XLs on a 2013 212x? Love to get a wake wedge this summer.
Actually the jet pumps are still set back on your boat so Thrust Vectors and The Wake Wedge will still bind currently. I may have a fix but need a test subject and time for me to make the fix.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
uh-oh...someone mentioned the need for a test subject....

me senses volunteers will be coming out of the woodwork soon...

:winkingthumbsup"

212xcarbon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Is anyone running wake wedge universal with thrust vectors? Any binding issues?
Thanks

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Read about several having issue with this. They had to remove the bracket from ladder. @jcyamaharider @JetBoatPilot curious if have you had a chance to check into this?
Not sure I’ll have my TVW permanently installed by next weekend or not, but I have just received them and assuming good weather plan to be at the same place as @jcyamaharider next weekend. We can take a look at them, if we have time (and it doesn’t disrupt our time on the water).

212xcarbon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks, forgot to add that fitment question is for 212x

Zech

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is anyone running wake wedge universal with thrust vectors? Any binding issues?
Thanks
I am and they don't work together (21ft). They bind up on the bracket with the wedge off and rub the Wedge when it's on. I'm a little annoyed about this because I had read previous posts stating they work fine together. Just a heads up. I just got off the phone and was told I had to run one or the other. That's a lot of money to lose. Now I'm trying to figure out which one I can sell to minimize my losses. I'm current trying to find out if the TVs work with the wakebooster as the universal wedge is really hard to change over on the water. It's only two pins but getting the inboard pin in is really hard. You have to be in the water, the water has to be glass and it helps to have a helper hold the wedge perfectly still while you try and get the bracket, wedge and pin all lined up. Super easy when it's on the trailer, not when it's rocking on the water. Hope this helps.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am and they don't work together (21ft). They bind up on the bracket with the wedge off and rub the Wedge when it's on. I'm a little annoyed about this because I had read previous posts stating they work fine together. Just a heads up. I just got off the phone and was told I had to run one or the other. That's a lot of money to lose. Now I'm trying to figure out which one I can sell to minimize my losses. I'm current trying to find out if the TVs work with the wakebooster as the universal wedge is really hard to change over on the water. It's only two pins but getting the inboard pin in is really hard. You have to be in the water, the water has to be glass and it helps to have a helper hold the wedge perfectly still while you try and get the bracket, wedge and pin all lined up. Super easy when it's on the trailer, not when it's rocking on the water. Hope this helps.
Not really sure where you read that they work fine together. It is stated on our website, in our instructions and answered here numerous times that there is an interference issue. ( actually post number 8 in this thread states it also. )

I have also seen posts about the wake booster bending the TV brackets.

Zech

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I read posts from Jetboatpilot stating they worked fine. Post #5 in this string from JetBoatPilot states again that they work and if you don't read every single response you might miss that you clarify it later on. I was just answering 212xcarbons question.

Thanks for the info on the WakeBooster/TV set up. I had a feeling the increase in lateral flow would put a bunch of stress on the TVs. I haven't been able to come across a thread addressing this yet. Thanks again.

Zech

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone heard of notching the TVs so they don't interfere with the Wake Wedge to make them play together? It's seems like the interference in very minimal.