• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fitting a Mantus Anchor in a 2015 Ar240 front anchor compartment

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce - The 13lb Mantus will not fit in the anchor locker as is. HOWEVER, if you were to remove the round bar, it will fit if you were to raise the plastic block holders an inch or so. I plan on doing this. The round bar is held in place by two bolts. My plan is to find some type of quick release bolt that I could easily put on and remove.

Anyone have any good suggestions or tips to replace normal bolts with some sort of quick release item?

@DCB-270 - You will love the Mantus. I am sure the 8lb will hold just fine. When we throw the 13lb it has caught immediately. So much so, it has came close to ripping the anchor line out of Amanda's hand. You are in for a treat my friend with your new anchor.

Cwigg951

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is the Mantus anchor that much better than a box anchor for a 24' boat? I use the box anchor now to anchor off our coastal beach, and it usually holds great, but it is a pain to set up and it's super heavy (large size). Would this Mantus be a better alternative? I'm not so worried about fitment in the locker. Anyone try the 8# Mantus with a 24 foot boat? The lighter weight would be fantastic as it is normal my deckhand (wife) who is handling the anchor.

Thanks and sorry to hijack the thread!

Chris

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Cwigg951 - I have never used the box anchor. However, if I were you, go watch the videos on Youtube of the Mantus anchor in use.

I can confirm that the Mantus works great. We have used it for 4 days straight now. During parts of those 4 days, we had terrible winds. I witnessed several boats' anchors drag. The Mantus I had never moved at all. I was using the Mantus 13lb anchor with my 23 foot Yamaha.

As for the 8lb, I can't comment on. But, I would presume that it would work well also.

RadioWaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I got the 8lb Mantus and love it. I have always had "anchor issues" but with this anchor just set it and forget it. Last weekend had 3 pontoons a 24' Cobalt and mine rafted up in a pretty good wind and never moved. I took out the bow ladder (useless in my opinion) and padded the compartment and the anchor fits just right.

I will defiantly be trying the zip tie idea though.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I got the 8lb Mantus and love it. I have always had "anchor issues" but with this anchor just set it and forget it. Last weekend had 3 pontoons a 24' Cobalt and mine rafted up in a pretty good wind and never moved. I took out the bow ladder (useless in my opinion) and padded the compartment and the anchor fits just right.

I will defiantly be trying the zip tie idea though.
Good to hear. I was thinking the 13 lb but now feel much better about the 8 with my 21 footer.

waternutt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I know folks are trying to fit the Mantus in their bow lockers, but to those that don't...where/how do you store it? Does it come with a bag or anything? I am possibly picking up one and fairly certain it will not fit my anchor locker without some serious mods.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know folks are trying to fit the Mantus in their bow lockers, but to those that don't...where/how do you store it? Does it come with a bag or anything? I am possibly picking up one and fairly certain it will not fit my anchor locker without some serious mods.
Mine will not fit in the anchor locker. I am currently storing mine in the underneath the forward port seat.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone has any experience with the larger 17lbs or 25lbs Mantus anchor? Sometimes I anchor in areas that are susceptible to large swells from passing freight ships. My current 20# Navy anchor will in sometimes drag a few yards when we get a BIG swell. It resets quick, but I'd rather it did not move at all... I'm thinking an 8lbs for normal and a bigger overkill 17 or 25 for the special places... but I want to be sure it fits under the cushions in my SX230...any thoughts?

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am a Mantus dealer. I am a Mantus lover. I am all Mantus! Lol :)

I have a 13 pound under the front seat of my SX230 and it works amazing. I would not sell these if I didn't know they worked. They truly are the best anchor on the market.

A 13 pound anchor will work just fine for your situation that you are asking for. A 17 pound would work too, but that is overkill. The 13 would work just fine.

I own several of these anchors and they all work great. I have a total of three of the 2 pound dinghy anchors, a 13 pound anchor for the Yamaha, a 65 pound for our 45' Chris Craft, and a 25 pound anchor for the stern of the Chris Craft. They all work beautifully. These anchors truly HOLD! =)

Feel free to click on the link below to view our store and the different sized anchors and the anchor holding chart.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know it's total overkill, but based on the dimensions do you think the 17 will fit under the seat?

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is just an educated guess, but I would think it would. With our 13, you have to turn it just right to fit. Without trying a 17, I could not say for sure. It is possible it would not fit. If it didn't fit up front, I am confident it would fit in one of the rear storage areas.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm thinking it may fit under the passenger side front cushion also, there's a lot of space there. Thanks for the info!

Maillis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Anyone has any experience with the larger 17lbs or 25lbs Mantus anchor? Sometimes I anchor in areas that are susceptible to large swells from passing freight ships. My current 20# Navy anchor will in sometimes drag a few yards when we get a BIG swell. It resets quick, but I'd rather it did not move at all... I'm thinking an 8lbs for normal and a bigger overkill 17 or 25 for the special places... but I want to be sure it fits under the cushions in my SX230...any thoughts?
Sounds like you just need to add a bungee or “anchor shock” to your anchor line. Probably a better and cheaper option based on the issue you’re describing.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A bungee attached to the anchor rode will indeed help. However, it is no comparison to adding a better anchor. The Mantus anchor is a better anchor than the Navy anchor. I can personally attest to this.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Has anyone ever thought of mounting an anchor roller to the bow? I feel like it could be bolted on the top of the anchor hatch and then some kind of bushing could be fabricated (or bought) for the anchor line and chain to pass through.

I kind of dig the way it looks on this Searay :)

EC044BFE-B01E-4AD5-A2EC-72DACD1EE830.jpeg

51C5432F-B881-4B0C-85CB-22460F055D32.jpeg

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I love my small Mantus Dinghty anchor. It's very light, stores easily and has never failed to hold my boot, albeit a 19 footer.
Does it fit in the front storage locker?

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've noticed in the wind that my small collapsable box anchor will drag. Sometimes.

I like the ides of the Mantis...does that 13# not bang around in the locker and cause spider cracks? And is an 8# REALLY heave enough to hold a 24 foot boat?

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does it fit in the front storage locker?
The Mantus Dinghy anchor is now only available in stainless steel. This stainless steel version is actually very neat. It disassembles into three pieces very quickly with no tools at all. I am certain you can store this anchor in just about any compartment due to the fact that is disassembles. You can have a look at it on our website. Happy boating!!!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've noticed in the wind that my small collapsable box anchor will drag. Sometimes.

I like the ides of the Mantis...does that 13# not bang around in the locker and cause spider cracks? And is an 8# REALLY heave enough to hold a 24 foot boat?
We do not have problems with the 13# anchor banging around in our front seat compartment on our SX230. We have some extra lifejackets underneath it and it stays just fine.

For your 242X, I would highly recommend using the 13# anchor, rather than the 8#. You will be much happier with the 13#. Hope you are loving that 242X!! Those look like nice boats!!!

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Has anyone ever thought of mounting an anchor roller to the bow? I feel like it could be bolted on the top of the anchor hatch and then some kind of bushing could be fabricated (or bought) for the anchor line and chain to pass through.

I kind of dig the way it looks on this Searay :)

View attachment 89856

View attachment 89857
I've daydreamed about this from time to time. I think someone with some talent could probably redo the anchor locker lid (cut the nose off and re-gelcoat) and find a way to mount this on our boats. I think it would look nice.