• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fl Keys...

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We are headed to Marathon next week for a week. I have never taken a boat only my jet skis. It will be nice to be able to run in the gulf side finally and explore the keys around bahia honda.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
It's on my bucket list to visit the keys. Would love pictures as you go down there!

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Have a fun safe trip and be sure to update us with some great pics.

bkcarson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'll be at Hawks Cay in February and would love to hear about the local hot spots! Enjoy!

BAC.94

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We're headed to the Keys November 21st! Not taking the boat as I don't think I could handle 1,400 miles of towing. I did notice there is a boat rental place that offers a 2015 242 Limited S for rent though!

Diana24

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ill be at the islamorada sandbar on monday if the weather is good.

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It was 30mph winds and rain the first 4 days. But we finally got out yesterday. image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpeg

Last edited:

bkcarson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome pics, looks like a great time! I'm counting the days until my trip!

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It was 30mph winds and rain the first 4 days. But we finally got out yesterday. View attachment 31063View attachment 31064 View attachment 31065View attachment 31066
Man that looks great! We went to Key West a few months ago and we thought about bringing our boat the next time. Is that a rental home and did you like it? What was the water like this time of the year? So overall, was it worth bringing your boat down there?

In Key West right at the end of Duvall is where you can rent the 242 LS, and I think a 21'. They had lots of jet skis which was fun. We took them around Key West.

Last edited:

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here are some details. We go down at least once a year. We rent homes usually in Largo or Marathon @ key colony beach.
The 3 bdrm house was only $1200 for Saturday to Saturday with a heated pool and private 60 ft dock.
I find them on VRBO
http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/florida/keys/marathon-area/key-colony-beach
Key west is a fun day trip by car about 1.5 hrs from marathon. You can boat there but it is about 70 miles so you maybe pushing fuel and conditions. I have done it by jet ski a few times.

From marathon you can go out to sombrero lighthouse reef its about 7 miles off shore.

Our favorite restarants on the water are:
*sunset grill on the north end of 7 mile bridge, it has a pool you can swim in while you eat or drink.
http://www.sunsetgrille7milebridge.com/ordereze/Default.aspx
*sparkys landing - tons of food, live music most night and fuel is next door in the marina in key colony.
http://www.sparkyslanding.com/our_food.html
*island fish company in marathon
http://islandfishco.com/
*islamorado fish company - we were married on the beach there years ago.
http://restaurants.basspro.com/FishCompany/

During our trip we saw many dolphins, sea turtles and sharks.. The last night on our canal there were at least 5 large 8 ft sharks swimming next to our dock/boat.

beware there are MANY shallow areas on the gulf and Atlantic side. Carry a good GPS with depths and monitor it.

Dolphins in our wake

Attachments

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for all the info. It looks like a great place!

arew~SX230

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My wife and I took the kids down to marathon, for spring break last year, stayed at key colony as well, awesome family oriented community. The rental included access to the beach club, smallish private beach, and pool. Marathon is really nice, and its central so day trips to Largo and West are no problem. Spent tbe week wishing I had a boat parked in the canal out front. Ended up buying one when we got home.

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We just got back from Key West. We went for Thanksgiving Break and had a blast. It would have been much better with a boat though. I just can't imagine towing a boat that far. We flew into Miami and rented a convertible for the drive to Key West. The first day we were there was the nicest day. The rest of the week was windy but we still found lots to do and places to explore. We will be back. We really wanted to snorkel at the state park in Key Largo but the conditions prevented it.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
would love to take my boat down to the keys. about 16 hrs of towing... I may do it one day...

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Try Bahia Honda State Park in Pine Key. It was ranked one of the best beaches in the world a few years back. We snorkeled there and it was great. We also found a very large sting ray and we followed for a long time.

With the rental homes mentioned above we are really thinking about bringing the boat next time. The last trip we flew into Miami as well and rented a car to go to Key West. Delta had a deal on car rentals and we got a car for the whole trip (4 days) for a little over $100. That included gas and tolls.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
speaking of tolls... i am going down to the keys next week with my boat. My truck obviously has a tag but Alabama does not require a boat trailer tag. I refuse to buy sunpass...ez pass...anything like that so only option is toll by plate.

how will i get billed if the plate gets obscured? I don't want to get in trouble with the law or anything for evading tolls !

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
i guess im forced to stop and pay cash toll at most of these places..

"oh hey we're gonna save you time by building a turn pike and charge you. but you have to stop to pay toll every 10 minutes adding time to your travel..."

arew~SX230

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Government:
Hey, we want to put a tracking device in you car.
Average Citizen:
Hell No!

Government:
Hey if you put this little box on your windshield, you won't have to stop to pay tolls anymore and we will even give you discount.
Average Citizen:
Hell yeah, sign me up!

Disclaimer
I do not own a bunker, I only own one firearm, and the only one out to get me is me.

[flag]