• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fl Keys...

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
i guess im forced to stop and pay cash toll at most of these places..
Ah, but there's where things get interesting! We were just there the week-end before thanksgiving - most of the turnpike exits/tolls do NOT have any provision for paying cash any more! We flew down on SWA and got a rental car with a flat rate ($8/day I think) toll option. (You're covered for however many tolls you go through, whether it's 10 or 0.) From FLL to Key Largo there must be half a dozen tolls (NONE with booths) - and the rental company would charge a $10 "administration" fee PER TOLL if we chose not to get their "service".

Long time pet peeve: why can't I use my EZPass on your stupid "sunshine" toll?

BTW, FL does not require front plates so most of the readers seem to be set up for the back plate, which would, of course, be often blocked by the hitch and the boat. What happens then I don't know. Can you get some temp tags for the trailer?

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
@msavold I am not getting a tag and DMV down here would look at me very very funny. I will just drive through...not really trying to evade tolls...no cash, no sunpass... what do they want me to do? lol

I used to live in Woodstock, MD by the snowball stand. while i miss some aspects of MD, I am getting used to having more leniency&freedom in variety of areas :)

viggen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Several years ago on our drive to KW in the RV they mailed us a invoice for the toll including a pic of our RV and tow vehicle. I think the toll was $1.50 or something like that

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
$42.16 each way for tolls... they are getting just as bad as the NE corridor on I-95 from MD to NYC toll after toll after toll....

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
From my experience, they will get your tag number even if you have a trailer. They shoot a burst of pics as you drive over the road sensors and within that 2 second period there will be multiple photos of your plate. Some vehicles and trailers might hide it but that's far and few between.

I went through a toll by plate toll area with a trailer and bushes hanging over my tailgate. Sure enough, a couple of weeks later, the bill for the toll arrived in the mail with a wide pic of my vehicle and a closeup of the plate.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will confirm with @Murf'n'surf even with the trailer they will get your tag and you will get a bill in the mail. Hopefully they do you better then me I got a bill in the mail with late fees 2 months later but never received a first bill. They did have perfect pictures of the tag included even with the trailer.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
That's what I want to do....go on vacation and be worried about getting pulled over for intentionally trying to avoid paying the toll. You are using our roads and resources therefore you should want to do the right thing. Just like you would want us to do if we were visiting your state. If you don't like our toll system or want to avoid it ...simply avoid the toll roads and spend half your vacation getting there! SunPass can be loaded with cash if you are worried about your credit card being tracked. Personally I think you have more of a chance being tracked in Wal-Mart....lol.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
you are putting words in my mouth. didn't say i was INTENTIONALLY trying to avoid paying tolls.
my state does not require trailer tags and was wondering how they will send me the bill. obviously some places are unmanned so i wanted to make sure before they try to catch me for supposedly trying to evade tolls.

now back to the regular programming...
i will simply drive through and pay the administrative fee. much cheaper(fuel) and faster by not stopping.

viggen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
When we went home through the the tolls a whole ago the ticket was sent to the RV's plate, we pulled a wrangler unlimited behind the RV and they were still able to take a pic of the plate on the RV

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last summer traveling from Cape Canaveral to Disney towing our 5th wheel, we had to take a toll road. It's probably due to the high volume of tourist and out of state people, but every toll plaza we went through was manned. We tried looking for an alternate route to avoid the tolls, but there wasn't an option that made sense. Even if they weren't manned we would have driven through and been billed like here in Dallas. Our trailers here in Texas have plates so it would have been an easy shot for tracking us down for the bill. To me it's just a part of driving through Florida. At least most of the roads are in good shape, unlike some of the states between Texas and Florida.

sebastianriver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
your pictures are fantastic!! Nice boat too. :) Do the littles do well with long boat rides? They look small.

Hilario Perez

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are headed to Marathon next week for a week. I have never taken a boat only my jet skis. It will be nice to be able to run in the gulf side finally and explore the keys around bahia honda.
Me and a couple of buddies on the form or hitting Jupiter next weekend leaving Friday staying until Sunday.