• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Flag Pole

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@seanmclean can you share the file for the flag holder clips? I have access to a 3d printer and would like to give this a try.

Also, for your 2nd pole, I think you said you got the water sports flag again? How does the orange flag come off?

Do you think you could powder coat in the space blue color? I’m not sure I want to do that since the wakeboard racks will still be stainless. But, might be cool?

Here you go: 3D design Flagholder

I did buy the watersports flag again, but the second time I epoxied a wooden dowel in it. Rock solid. The orange flag is riveted on, but you can pop them off with a small screw driver. If you end up cutting the flagpole down like I did, then no need to worry about it. I'm not a powdercoating expert, but no idea why a space blue color wouldn't work.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks! I’ll print a couple tomorrow. And, I’ve got a 2nd pole and holder added to my amazon cart. (Along with a bunch of other stuff lol)

Did you cut the bottom off the pole? Or does it just have an open bottom? Do you remember what size dowel you needed?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Found these on my desk this morning when I returned from a meeting.

6420C2EF-19F5-442E-9A69-149CA46DEEAA.jpeg

The screws you used to attach to the pole are just any old screws? Through the plastic and into the dowel inside the pole?

Apparently, we are out of black filament. Lol

I’ll see how these work before I print more or change colors. :)

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I cut the pole off from the top (the bottom has foam that fits into the flag holder), inserted the dowel with epoxy dabbed on along the way, then the 3D printed mounts, and then put the flag pole cap back on (you'll see when you get it). I'm pretty sure that the dowel was 1/2" - I just took the cut off piece with me to Lowe's and picked the right size dowel.

If you do re-print that holder later on, I would choose a shorter layer height. It'll take longer to print, but will be smoother and stronger. The set screws for the printed pieces were just little 1/4" screws or so. Just enough to bite into the pole and stop it from sliding up/down.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I wondered about that. I told my chief printer that I wanted it as strong as possible, so he used a larger head that uses a lot more filament, but isn’t quite as fine on the details.

We’re still new at printing. We work in K12 schools, so are mostly learning on our own with pet projects. Rather than having actual customer projects or whatever that could be a stage in a larger overall design process.

I’ll see what he says if we redo it. :)

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well if he's a chief printer, he probably knows more than I do - LOL! I print at 0.12mm layer height, and that always had better bonding for me. Ya'll probably have better equipment than I do!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
“Chief printer” is prettty loose. Lol

He did make some nice Christmas ornaments for the office tree this year, and some key chains that we gave out at a college recruitment fair (that we fully expect to break if you actually put keys on them).

Edit: we are running a Lulzbot TAZ 6 printer. Have gotten along real well with it, so far.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah, I've got some monoprice printer I found on craigslist. I'd love to upgrade it but even I couldn't justify it (and I justified buying powdercoating equipment for a flagholder!)