• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Flame Arrestor

okula225

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Flame Arrestor has a matte finish instead of a shiny finish. Any thoughts

Last edited:

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Is it possible that is the result of some type of chemical deterioration?

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If someone was a little liberal with starting fluid, and the engine backfires through the exhaust valve, it can ignite the excess fluid that has been oversprayed on the surrounding components. I know a thing or two, because I've seen a thing or two... lol. I'm not saying I "believe" that's what happened, but I will say it's a possibility I wouldn't rule out.

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That grommet around the ribbons appears to be rotting through age or a combination of age and a chemical. The photo of the head with the coils shows a pretty dirty engine which may indicate less than ideal maintenance and a contributing factor to the deterioration.

Good Luck.

kjr6306

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length