• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Floating camp site

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is amazing.

Wonder what kind of judicial permits you need to get to make those happen. I've never seen anything like it. If pontoon rentals around here are any indication of campsite popularity, these would be sold out every weekend from Memorial Day to Labor Day.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's super cool.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is amazing.

Wonder what kind of judicial permits you need to get to make those happen. I've never seen anything like it. If pontoon rentals around here are any indication of campsite popularity, these would be sold out every weekend from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Funny that you stated the above. I tried to set up a boys weekend out on a floating camp site but found that all 10 are already reserved for the rest of the weekends, and many of the weekdays, for the rest of this season which ends on October 15th.

Note: if i remember correctly the fee for the floating camp sites is around $150 per night making it 5 times more expensive than a conventional full hookup (I.e., running water, electricity and septic tank) land based camping site. Still if one was available for a future weekend this season I’d gladly pay the fee and apparently a lot of people already feel the same way.

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That’s one hell of a way to make a profit.. they could easily go $200 a night and prolly book the entire season.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow, that is really cool. Never heard of such a thing. Looks like a great time.

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I love this idea, would absolutely do this for an epic weekend boat adventure!

Thats

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That would be amazing.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone know if the "campsites" were custom made, or if they are produced by a company somewhere. I seriously could see this making some money in this area. Especially if you get local jurisdictional permits to put them on some of the more popular lakes.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I wonder how seaworthy they are on busy rough weekends??? I guess they must be okay or the Liability to the owner would be too great.

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
They are on a state or federally regulated lake in CA... so they have to be legit lol

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Someone posted on one of the FB groups about a floating house on lake norris. Looked pretty legit! I'd love to do a house boat, but those mofo's are expensive to rent. Might as well just rent a house on a lake with a lift for those prices.