• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Floor Storage Gas Springs

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Okay, I've searched this forum, the other forum, my owner's manual, and Yamaha Sports Plaza with no luck.

I'm needing to replace the gas springs that hold up the floor storage compartment doors on my 2007 AR210. Each door has one gas spring each. They still work fine, but are starting to rust on one end.

Does anybody know the model # or size I need to get? I've looked the ones over that are installed and can't find a number anywhere. Sports Plaza has them, but no numbers and they are more exspensive than Amazon.

I took a pic. One side has writing. The other has nothing.

Thanks.

Attwood Gas Spring.jpg

Last edited:

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You might be able to contact Attwood Marine Products - they supply some of the misc. parts on these boats and I think others have had luck in the past contacting them and telling them that they need part XX from a Yamaha model XX.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You might be able to contact Attwood Marine Products - they supply some of the misc. parts on these boats and I think others have had luck in the past contacting them and telling them that they need part XX from a Yamaha model XX.
Well, all the other places I searched on the internet and tried to look up, including West Marine and Bass Pro Shops, I never thought of going straight to Attwood. That's my next move.

Thanks

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Yes I do. I had to replace the one on the swim deck that covers the plugs after a plug blow. Give me a bit and I'll get all of the info for you. I actually found the manufacturer in California and ordered directly from them. Even got the replacement in a stainless steel version.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Excellent. Thanks.

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Todd,

Here's a pic of my original strut and the invoice for the new SS version. I did notice that we have different mfr and part #'s. could be that they changed from 07' to 08' I'd like to assume that they're plug and play. If you want me to send pics of my new one with attachment points, I'd be glad to for you to compare. Let me know.
IMG_0185.JPG

Attachments

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Todd,

Here's a pic of my original strut and the invoice for the new SS version. I did notice that we have different mfr and part #'s. could be that they changed from 07' to 08' I'd like to assume that they're plug and play. If you want me to send pics of my new one with attachment points, I'd be glad to for you to compare. Let me know.
View attachment 2274

Thanks Topper. I believe mine have been changed by the PO because that brand there is the same brand as the one that holds up the engine hatch. But the floor ones are Attwood. I might be on the right track now so I'll let you know. Thanks again.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
How about getting someone with an AR210 in the '07 vintage to take a pic of their floor storage strut...if it hasn't been replaced. Because those struts are numerous in models and you want the specific lift capacity and length that you have now, as you know.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thought I had something going but it didn't pan out. I did actually find some printed numbers. SL33-33-1. These numbers are similiar to what Attwood uses however it does not cross reference on their website! That number doesn't even exist on their website, but some are close. My luck.

So yes @txav8r I will continued to hold out in the hopes someone can help me with the same boat. I'd hate to get the wrong kind.

I know @itsdgm has the same boat, so hopefully he'll be on later and can check his.

@Topper232 I downloaded that pdf twice but it wouldn't open. I'll try on another device later. thanks

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Check out their website as they have different lift capacities as well. Hopefully someone with an 07 will report with the same part#
upload_2014-3-14_16-12-47.png

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I won't be home until Sunday. Hopefully I can get in the boat and take a few pics for you then.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for your time @Topper232 I'll check it and see.

@itsdgm no rush. They still work. Just need to get new ones. Thanks.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
One of my floor struts was broken when I purchased my boat. I order a new one from Yamaha Sports Plaza along with a bunch of other stuff I needed at the time. Was a perfect match and I don't recall it being that much more expensive than the ones off amazon.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
One of my floor struts was broken when I purchased my boat. I order a new one from Yamaha Sports Plaza along with a bunch of other stuff I needed at the time. Was a perfect match and I don't recall it being that much more expensive than the ones off amazon.
Yeah, I checked Yamaha Sports Plaza and they were $29. Nothing for me to cross reference to find it elsewhere. But a "general" search of marine gas springs through Amazon were mainly $15-$20, and I get free shipping still with my free trial. So I'm still hoping to go through them.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here are a few pics of the struts that are on our 07 ar210 floor storage compartments. Look closely at the numbers in both pics. They are the same but double check the numbers. The first number is an 8 but at first glance looks like a 6. Let me know if you need any other info.
image.jpg
image.jpg

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for doing that @itsdgm. Those are the same exact numbers on the gas springs that are in my boat right now. However, Attwood doesn't have that number anymore. At least on their website they don't.

I was trying to take the easy route, but Guess I'll be calling them now. Thanks for the assistnace from all.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You may just remove one and go to your local automotive parts dealer, and match it up size length etc I did that for my yamaha s h o hood strut and it was very easy to do. Not to mention very inexpensive . Worth a shot.

Bobsogood

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just for reference, I replaced mine last weekend. I don't know if they're the originals, but I suspect they were. None of the local boat shops had anything close to the right size and pressure in stock.

If you have the Newport Engineering's Signature Series like mine or @Topper232 , the model number reads out to tell you what it is... Mine were SE150P-30 - 15.0" extended, 30lbs of force, P10 end (ball and socket). Searched for 15" 30lbs on Amazon and found a pair for $35 after shipping. If someone needs the exact model number of my replacements, I can send them. BTW... it's an easy install if you're careful and have a flathead screwdriver. Justpry the clip up and pop off the old spring, pry the clip up on the new ones while putting them on. No more cooler door slamming on my foot!
sm20150424_192514.jpg

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just as cobra jet says, take it with you to the local auto parts store, autozone, advance, Napa, they all carry them. just match it up with one hanging on the wall. Much less expensive. The length doesn't have to be exact but within an inch or so, its just holding up a door. Make sure it has enough pressure to hold it up and can compress to the right length to close the door.