• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Floor storage locker strut missing on 2022 195S?

JasonB

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Can anyone confirm that there should or should not be a strut on the floor locker for the 2022 195S installed from the factory? I'm ok if it doesn't come standard, but it just seems like a dangerously heavy door to not have one installed from the factory.

Are the brackets there for one??

Can anyone confirm that there should or should not be a strut on the floor locker for the 2022 195S installed from the factory? I'm ok if it doesn't come standard, but it just seems like a dangerously heavy door to not have one installed from the factory.
No strut on ski locker for 195s

Are the brackets there for one??
No Brackets. I guess, looking at another's comment, that I will have to install one myself. No biggie, just wanted to make sure that it wasn't a warranty item.
Thanks.

My 2016 AR192 came with one. Crazy it’s not on the newer boats.

571C9DD1-9717-4B14-BB0A-4DE310749579.png

Can you post the length and specs of that one in case newer 19ft owners want to add.
Someone else may be able to. I no longer have the boat.

I have not seen the need for one on mine. Are y’all having trouble with it staying open?

The 2019+ have friction hinges, never had an issue with the ones on my 2020. Stays open at multiple angles.

I have not seen the need for one on mine. Are y’all having trouble with it staying open?

Not that it's not staying open, 'cause it's got friction hinges and is brand new; it's that I don't know how well these friction hinges will stay tight as they age, or during rolls out on the water. I would really hate to have to bring someone to the hospital because this heavy door slammed on a hand or foot. Maybe I'm being overly cautious, but if I can easily prevent this from happening, why not?

Back