• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Florida Boaters

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hello everyone!
It's cold up here on Long Island so I'm ready to uncover the boat and take a trip down to Florida. I was thinking of taking a vacation and I wouldn't want to do it any other way! I have some family and friends in Florida so I would like to take a vacation down there. Anyone have any tips? I have family in New Symrna Beach, Orlando, Venice and etc. I'm looking to find some cool boating areas to visit and some marinas with boat ramps. I was in Florida years ago and went boating in the intercostal so that's definetly at the top of the list. I also want to meetup with some other jet boaters if it's possible!

Lol its cold here as well right now I just asked someone a few hours ago if they wanted to go to Florida for the weekend.

I'm in Orlando right now for work and it isn't as cold as up north but it isn't really warm either! It didn't break 60 today!:(

End of March should be upper 70s! Lol

I'm in Orlando right now for work and it isn't as cold as up north but it isn't really warm either! It didn't break 60 today!:(

They are only calling for a high of 71 on Saturday that may not be warm enough to justify the 8 hour drive :(

They are only calling for a high of 71 on Saturday that may not be warm enough to justify the 8 hour drive :(
Well it's like 25 degrees in Ny so I'm ready to make the 24 hour drive haha

It's only gonna be 27 here, Can't be much better where you are @robert843 ! This weekend gonna be COLD. And, I plan on picking up the new ski and taking it out :crazy:

Well Miami may be ok but here in Tampa bay it's pretty cold, but remember we boat all year so on cold months like this we only get out once a week rather than 3 times a week or more in the warmer weather. This is a bad month to come to FLA wait a month.

It's only gonna be 27 here, Can't be much better where you are @robert843 ! This weekend gonna be COLD. And, I plan on picking up the new ski and taking it out :crazy:

@veedubtek you are a better man then I. 70 degrees is my cut off for the ski I wont take it out in cooler then that lol..

Well Miami may be ok but here in Tampa bay it's pretty cold, but remember we boat all year so on cold months like this we only get out once a week rather than 3 times a week or more in the warmer weather. This is a bad month to come to FLA wait a month.
I'm looking at the end of March

@veedubtek you are a better man then I. 70 degrees is my cut off for the ski I wont take it out in cooler then that lol..

4/3 full suit. Also got a 2/1 farmer john for when the weather breaks and the water is still cold. Ain't lettin a silly thing like temp keep me off the water!

Although this weekend may be a bit much...

Damn, I hit the water when it's 50-60 degrees outside. Water under or around 45-50 haha

Damn, I hit the water when it's 50-60 degrees outside. Water under or around 45-50 haha

Yeah those are only boat days for me lol. I leave the skis in the garage in those temps.

Wear your nylon snow suit and you can ride all you want here. The water is 60 but the air is pretty cold Saturday it is supposed to hit 70 for a high but then it gets cold again. If I need anything heavier than a sweat shirt I don't like riding a ski because the water goes down your neck if you hit a wave.

Attachments

• get-photo.jpg
    get-photo.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 17
@DJMattyT i had the same discussion with my wife last week. Uncover the boat, leave LI for a week+ and head to Florida. See you there.. Lol

@DJMattyT i had the same discussion with my wife last week. Uncover the boat, leave LI for a week+ and head to Florida. See you there.. Lol
Where are you at on Long Island?

Farmingdale...how about you? Tired of NE winters. All I know is I am counting down to May..

Farmingdale...how about you? Tired of NE winters. All I know is I am counting down to May..
I'm in Smithtown and yeah winter sucks. Can't wait to uncover the boat in March lol

I'm in the Florida Panhandle (Destin) and it's been very cold here too as of late. Low to mid 30's at night and the days are only warming to low to mid 50's. But it will certainly warm up here before up north.

I'm in Smithtown and yeah winter sucks. Can't wait to uncover the boat in March lol

March? lol....i am think mid April the earliest just to get some fishing in...

Back