• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Flushing both engines at the same time

Zonie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
20180827_231303.jpg 20180827_231334.jpg I use a dual setup too. It has a dual shutoff valve at the hose connection and have plenty of water pressure. Fresh water but I always flush to keep it clean and help prevent invasives from being spread.

Last edited:

Tom Duignan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree @Tom Duignan. That location is difficult plus if you need to operate a valve you need to reach way back between two hot engines. That's why I put mine under the cleanout tray. After removing the tray the installation is much easier. When finished the access to the valves is through the access port. Also, while in there check ALL of your hose clamps. They do break over time.
Thank You,
When you say you placed your tow valves beneath the cleanout tray, do you mean that you extended the original hose to bring the "Y" back to the cleanout area?
Tom

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank You,
When you say you placed your tow valves beneath the cleanout tray, do you mean that you extended the original hose to bring the "Y" back to the cleanout area?
Tom
No @Tom Duignan I spliced my valves in before the Y. It's much easier. At the Y you need to be very precise as to where you cut. Under the cleanout tray you have plenty of room. Just make sure they are easily accessible from your access port.

Tom Duignan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No @Tom Duignan I spliced my valves in before the Y. It's much easier. At the Y you need to be very precise as to where you cut. Under the cleanout tray you have plenty of room. Just make sure they are easily accessible from your access port.
On my daughters boat the "Y' is just behind the engines and there is virtually no room to cut into the single hose before it becomes a "Y". Then the hoses after the "Y" go toward the stern as two. Are you saying that you cut into one of those hoses after they pass into the cleanout compartment? Sorry for the questions but I want to do it correctly so I don't damage the engines.
Thank You for your patience.
Tom

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On my daughters boat the "Y' is just behind the engines and there is virtually no room to cut into the single hose before it becomes a "Y". Then the hoses after the "Y" go toward the stern as two. Are you saying that you cut into one of those hoses after they pass into the cleanout compartment? Sorry for the questions but I want to do it correctly so I don't damage the engines.
Thank You for your patience.
Tom
@Tom Duignan. Don't worry about repeated questions. We want to get this right. If and only if you agree with me that the easier installation and access to these valves is under the cleanout tray rather than at the Y at the rear of the engines than you simply remove the dozen or so screws to remove the cleanout tray. You need to locate the cooling line that comes off the jet nozzle and runs through the engine bulkhead to the Y fitting. You will be cutting this line (under the cleanout tray so that you will later be able to reach it through the cleanout access panel) then you will attach your valve between the cut section of line. I'm sorry I dont have pictures or diagrams as my boat is a 2006 SX 230. Although there is an age and model difference the layout is the same. If you want to PM me we can speak by phone. If anybody on the forum has a pic of Tom's model possibly you can chime in.

Tom Duignan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Tom Duignan. Don't worry about repeated questions. We want to get this right. If and only if you agree with me that the easier installation and access to these valves is under the cleanout tray rather than at the Y at the rear of the engines than you simply remove the dozen or so screws to remove the cleanout tray. You need to locate the cooling line that comes off the jet nozzle and runs through the engine bulkhead to the Y fitting. You will be cutting this line (under the cleanout tray so that you will later be able to reach it through the cleanout access panel) then you will attach your valve between the cut section of line. I'm sorry I dont have pictures or diagrams as my boat is a 2006 SX 230. Although there is an age and model difference the layout is the same. If you want to PM me we can speak by phone. If anybody on the forum has a pic of Tom's model possibly you can chime in.
OK, now I understand. After the "Y" one of the hoses goes upward, that one is red. The other goes through the wall toward the stern and into the cleanout tray area. That one is covered with rippled plastic protection and yes it will be easier to work in that area. And I agree that if you need to close the valve before towing or getting underway with one engine, it will be easier and safer reaching into that area.
Thank You so much!
Tom