• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Flushing while on boat lift

Dthiss

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
I have a 2018 195 Open with a 250 HO and had an opportunity to rent a boat lift on the intercostal for a very reasonable price and took it. The only issue I have is when the boat is on the lift I can’t reach the fitting to connect a hose to for flushing. Does anyone know if this fitting can be used at all to flush the system after use? Or what it‘s for?

Attachments

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
It looks like a flush port that someone lost the cap and rigged a replacement. If you look in the engine compartment to see where it goes or if you unscrew it and a garden hose screws in there, it will be the external flush port. I don't have a 195 Open but I had an external flush port installed on my 165. The hose from that fitting will tee into the flush port underneath.

Dthiss

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
So I’ve found pictures of this port with a sticker saying “Exhaust Flush, see owners manual.....”. So now I have another question. If this is the exhaust flush and it’s tied to the inter cooler flush then why use the one under the transom? This one obviously is easier to get to so I don’t get it.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
So I’ve found pictures of this port with a sticker saying “Exhaust Flush, see owners manual.....”. So now I have another question. If this is the exhaust flush and it’s tied to the inter cooler flush then why use the one under the transom? This one obviously is easier to get to so I don’t get it.
Exactly, you do not have to use the one under the transom. You can actually plug that one. I used a plug I can turn by hand should I ever need it.

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I was told when mine was installed that you DO NOT plug the one underneath. yon leave that one alone.

Dthiss

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Seems to me that the one below should be plugged. Water taking the path of least resistance and all.

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Do what ever you want, but I have been using mine for three years now and with no problems. It still flushes the exhaust and intercooler just fine, because water comes out of exhaust just as much as before. I had mine installed to make it easier than hooking it up underneath. I just thought you might want to know how I have been using mine.

Dthiss

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Thanks for all the input Alan. After scouring the Rotax Manual I found the line down bellow called “Exhaust Water Return“. I’ll leave it open and see how it goes.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Was told by the dealer and their mechanic to plug it. Honestly, I don't think it hurts either way but when flushing I noticed a lot of water exits from here where it should be exiting from the exhaust. So I plugged it with no issues. @ScarabMike might be able to comment with his thoughts.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ok folks, here is the deal with the twin ports.

One is the exhaust side, the other is to flush the intercooler.

You need to flush the engine through the normal entrance in the jet pump area. It will flush water through the exhaust, and it will also come out of the second flush port. You do this no more than 60 seconds. Then you put the hose on the second port, and run the engine again. No more than 60 seconds again. You will see water coming out of the first flush port. Do not block any of the ports when flushing. The water flow helps clear out debris from the exhaust and intercooler.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Here is a PDF on flushing the supercharged 1603 rotax engine. The LH and RH represent each port of your Scarab,

Attachments

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Ok folks, here is the deal with the twin ports.

One is the exhaust side, the other is to flush the intercooler.

You need to flush the engine through the normal entrance in the jet pump area. It will flush water through the exhaust, and it will also come out of the second flush port. You do this no more than 60 seconds. Then you put the hose on the second port, and run the engine again. No more than 60 seconds again. You will see water coming out of the first flush port. Do not block any of the ports when flushing. The water flow helps clear out debris from the exhaust and intercooler.
Hi Mike! I do not have twin ports for flushing with my 1503 250hp rotax engines. Albeit I have a Chap but would assume it the same on a scarab(?). I only have the one hook up to flush each engine. I installed a 2nd flush port so I would not have to hang over the swim platform to screw in the garden hose. Should I block off the original port (the one I cannot reach) or leave it open as water flow thru this when flushing from my new port?

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hi Mike! I do not have twin ports for flushing with my 1503 250hp rotax engines. Albeit I have a Chap but would assume it the same on a scarab(?). I only have the one hook up to flush each engine. I installed a 2nd flush port so I would not have to hang over the swim platform to screw in the garden hose. Should I block off the original port (the one I cannot reach) or leave it open as water flow thru this when flushing from my new port?
The two port system is for the new ACE engine. You have the old 1503 with one flush port. Im not sure how you added a second one, but because the 1503 is plumbed differently, I would make sure the exhaust, and intercooler are being flushed.

MD23679

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
I have a 2018 195 Open with a 250 HO and had an opportunity to rent a boat lift on the intercostal for a very reasonable price and took it. The only issue I have is when the boat is on the lift I can’t reach the fitting to connect a hose to for flushing. Does anyone know if this fitting can be used at all to flush the system after use? Or what it‘s for?
I have been flushing my scarab with twin 1503 4-tec with no issues from the upper flushouts and pluggin the lower ones. I ONLY PLUG THEM WHILE FLUSHING OUT OF THE WATER ... I was curious why they had the original and one on the top (transom) ... anyway, i found out there is a T-connector. One from the flushout and one from the lower flushout. When I used to flush from the bottom , the water flow from the exhaust is normal . From the top, i realized that the lower one flows the water out and the flow out of the exhaust is minimal. I turned of the water, stopped the engine. Took a 1/2 drain plug and plugged it in the lower flushout. Then turned on the engine, then turned on the water. IT WORKED !!! had no issues for 3 years now with +110 hours. By the way, I take the boat to the dealer every 30 hours for service due to weather and location . In the summer , the weather hits 48C .

MD23679

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
I have been flushing my scarab with twin 1503 4-tec with no issues from the upper flushouts and pluggin the lower ones. I ONLY PLUG THEM WHILE FLUSHING OUT OF THE WATER ... I was curious why they had the original and one on the top (transom) ... anyway, i found out there is a T-connector. One from the flushout and one from the lower flushout. When I used to flush from the bottom , the water flow from the exhaust is normal . From the top, i realized that the lower one flows the water out and the flow out of the exhaust is minimal. I turned of the water, stopped the engine. Took a 1/2 drain plug and plugged it in the lower flushout. Then turned on the engine, then turned on the water. IT WORKED !!! had no issues for 3 years now with +110 hours. By the way, I take the boat to the dealer every 30 hours for service due to weather and location . In the summer , the weather hits 48C .
*** When the boat is on the water, I flush the exhaust from the transom plugs (NO NEED TO START THE ENGINE BECAUSE IT WILL NOT HYDROLOCK THE ENGINE) but when the boat is on a lift, i use the lower plugs (start the engine and then turn on the water tap ... for one minute , stop the water tap and turn off the engine).