• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Flying on a tube

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They are old these days and not that popular due to recalls, paralysis, deaths, serious injuries and multiple bans did away with a lot of the sales of those things. IMO they are too dangerous and shouldn’t be legal to ride. In some lakes and national parks they are banned. Not sure if they are legal in the bodies of water I boat on. There was someone killed on one over a decade ago at one of the lakes I boat at. Best to check your area. It’s called Kite Tubing if you want to google them.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.spokesman.com/stories/2006/aug/05/recalls-bans-a-downer-for-flying-water-tubes/?amp-content=amp

Last edited:

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They are illegal on corps lakes. Too many people seriously injured. Saw one on Lewisville a few years ago and then the Sheriff hauling butt after him once he got airborne.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh yeah... There is one hidden somewhere in shame on our family... Airborne to 7ft high, immediate 180 flip, 110lb passenger in free fall from that height at maybe 36-38mph...

We put it away to never be used again. Not even sure where it ended up.

Terrible idea.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I admit I laughed

Couldn’t see if he landed the triple lindy though?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
^^ :D I love that movie!!