• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Foam cannon????

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My routine on most anything from Truck, Wildcat, Sleds or the boat: Rinse with dirt buster rotating tip, hit it with the foam cannon, run over the whole thing with rotating pressure washer brush, then rinse down.

I may wipe it all down with a chamois to avoid water spots. And put a coating of Rain X on the windshield. Seats can come out for more aggressive cleaning and allowed to dry in the sun. Vacuum out any carpeted cabinets if needed.

And then the wax and buffing! I waxed/buffed mine last night to a near mirror finish! I swear, this boat may have never seen a buffer! It looks amazing now!!

PS: XM radio is on free trial till the end of the month for all your driveway washing duties!! Enjoy!

Attachments

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Washing the boat today with the foam cannon

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
OK I am sold on the foam cannon... but those rims...YIKES.. lol

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
OK I am sold on the foam cannon... but those rims...YIKES.. lol
:D yea but they are galvanized so that's all that matters to me since I visit the gulf each year. For sure get you a foam cannon. It's the only way I will prewash my truck or wash my boat.

Last edited:

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
True.. forgot about the salt water boaters.. I wonder if u can get that foaming wax stuff just like the car wash places also..

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I keep forgetting I have the stock rims/tires just sitting in the garage...

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This was after a minute or so once some of the foam rolled off but you can see how this would make cleaning easier for a boat by having all that soap clinging to the surfaces allowing you to clean a long ways with the wash mitt IMG_9468.JPG

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Did mine today as well!

20180701_104300.jpg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
lol @jcyamaharider do we have the same pressure washer? I think we do :D

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Greenworks 2000psi electric pressure washer. I wasnt an electric pressure washer guy until I bought this one in sale. It is a great little pressure washer!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Greenworks 2000psi electric pressure washer. I wasnt an electric pressure washer guy until I bought this one in sale. It is a great little pressure washer!
yup same one I bought. It's been a great pressure washer.

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Reviving this old thread as I am considering getting a foam cannon. Not sure which one I will get, but will probably use chemical guys soap or the turtle wax ceramic soap..

Question is, how powerful of a pressure washer is to powerful? I have the attached. It has a "automobile" setting, but it is a beast. Kind of scared to use it.

Screenshot_20210516-193010_Samsung Internet.jpg

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Anyone here use a foam cannon on your boat to wash it? What brand and how do you like it?

TIA!!
Slick Products! I just have the garden hose one but really impressed, I just got a power washer this spring so I will probably upgrade to that one some day. I have heard complaints on other brands that the bottles break easily, the Slick ones are a durable plastic.

Last edited:

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
F2E824D3-1C4B-4846-9815-F6F05B6600AC.jpeg

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
After owning one for a few years now, I would say the pressure washer needs GPM more than pressure. My pressure washer may not push as much water. But here is a great review from someone that loves the most expensive foam cannon, but after the review, it may prove a tough one to justify.

I would have to admit, that I spent the money on the MTM Hydro foam cannon. But I am not sure I would buy another. The ones for 1/2 the price may work as good. But it is durable, and does work well.