• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fogging mishap

JHC212X

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I fogged my 2014 212x through the inlet hose connection near the filter box since I didn't want to take the filter box off.

When I finished I shut off the engines without bumping it like I did with the first engine. Since the bump in throttle didn't suck in the pooling oil in the hose it went into the filter box.

Now my filter has fogging oil on it. Just the lower 1" has oil on it.

Did I ruin the filter? Can I keep on using it or should I replace it next season.

Wish I knew the answer. Hopefully someone with similar experience will comment.

My suggestion is to take her out in the spring and see how she runs. If the fogging oil on the filter does cause her to stutter then you can remove the filter and run without it until you get a replacement. My hope is that the oil will be quickly drawn out of the filter when you run the engine so that it will not be a problem.

I can't see it being a problem, it can only be drawn into the intake, which is what its surpossed to do anyhow. If the capillary action takes place it will be like a K&N type filter where the oil collects dust particles.

As @Bruce stated just try it with and without filters to see if there is a difference. Fogging oil is pretty light but I would take the filters out for the winter to allow them to dry.

If you have the 1.8 liter engines which I think you do, a little oil on the bottom inch of about a 12'square inch filter should be no big deal at all. If you do decide to replace it consider an after market filter from rival or r&d, you should find that they are nearly the same price as a stock filter but the after market ones have a metal mesh element so they can be cleaned and resided.

I got around to taking it out a couple hours later and it was already saturated with oil. I just threw it out and will buy another. Lesson learned....don't be lazy and just take the box off. oh well

I got around to taking it out a couple hours later and it was already saturated with oil. I just threw it out and will buy another. Lesson learned....don't be lazy and just take the box off. oh well

I saved the other filter though. I took it off and oil was pooled in the box almost touching the filter. :-) Bright side to every thing.

should remove filter... prior to fogging...u want to actually get the oil into the cylinder not on the filter!

Back