• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

? for 190 AR or SX owners

not2fast

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you're not worried about speed or fuel consumption and want the space to replace your sun pad just get a pontoon boat :D.
Funny you say that. I was always between love my Waverunners for play and friend pontoon for relaxing. The Yamaha boats seemed to fit somewhere in middle for me. Closer to the pontoon, but having the benefit of better looks and jet drives.

Back to the orginal poster. If you can truly buy a 190 and not think about it again you should get a 190. I honestly do think if you get a 195 you won't regret it. Seems like the used 190's sit around longer in my area. I started out looking at a SX192 and then ended up with a AR210. Love the size of the AR210 on the water, but not as much when storing it. :) (and still thinking maybe I should look for a 212)

Last edited:

vetplus40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I will know much more after visiting the dealership in the next few days.

Rick Rousseau

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you ever make it to the dealership?

For me, it was about purchase price and cost of ownership. I picked up my 2014 SX190 used this past spring. I found one I could pay cash for. The 192s were outside my range. This is my first boat, but I've been boating with a group of boat owning friends for over 10 years now. We often do long, multi-day runs up the St. Johns river and down the inter-coastal so fuel expense and range were important. While I do like speed (my daily driver is a Porsche), not having to pull into every marina to refuel was a factor. In the end, while the speed is nice, I'm finding the 43 top speed of the 190 to be just fine. The only time I've wanted more power was when loaded with 7 adults in the Keys. It took a little longer than I liked to get on plane when loaded like that in the bigger water.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We also found a nearly new 30 hour AR190 and it was in the Maple Red I desired. Paid cash for it and never looked back. I did the ribbon delete for giggles, I'm sure it helps somewhat. We almost always have a full boat, 4 adults, 4 kids, and my wife still complains "Uhhh, thats a little too fast don't ya think?" (By GPS thats about 36-38MPH). With 8 bodies aboard, we also have 4 adult Tommy Bahama chairs, 2 kids chairs, a sun tent, 2 coolers, beach toys, inflatables, ropes, nets, fishing poles, floats and towels. Never added up what our full boat weighs, but its not light. Fuel consumption is pleasing, and we've never had a problem getting a wakeboarder up or pulling a tube. A lot of fun in a 19' boat no matter which one you choose thats for sure.