• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Completed For Sale 2016 Yamaha 242 Limited $44,500

mpbassett44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
We are trying to down size for now, and unfortunately need to sell our 2016 Yamaha 242 Limited. The boat is in perfect condition. It has around 35 hours. NO SALT. We only boat in Havasu. I've added Trust Vectors/Throttle Sync. We would need $44,500 firm. I'm already taking a loss on the loan. I live in Los Angeles, so if any one is interested, let me know.IMG_4915.JPG

Last edited:

SIRAG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
is this boat still available?

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Smoking deal. Dam.

mpbassett44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Still available. I’ve got a couple people looking, but no commitments.

mpbassett44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
$40,000 cash and I’ll come pick it up.
Sorry...First of all $44,500 is already a great price. I’m already below the NADA guides price value. Plus I owe $46,500 on the loan. I’m already losing money. I have no intention of lowering the price. But thanks for your offer. This is a great boat. It runs and looks brand new, if you really want a 24 ft boat, $44,500 is a great value! It still has over 2 years left on the warranty. You’re not going to find a better deal. Best of luck on your boat hunting! Thanks again.

Last edited:

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@mpbassett44 , I think your boat is already underpriced and if I was in the market for one I would have purchased yours for your asking price no questions asked but when and where? A few more if i had to finance it.

My first impression of @Chris Panzer is that he is like a lot of Craigslist fakers that I’ve been dealing with when trying to sell my Corvette for less than blue book value on Craigslist. That is, he is just trying to improve his negotiation skills, has no intention of buying your boat at any price and probably doesn’t have the money to begin with.

You don’t have to justify your asking price, anyone who is truly in the market knows what they are getting and knows that your price is already below market. By the way, when I bought my current boat it had a remaining balance on it. What ended up happening is that my lender drafted two checks, one to the seller’s finance company for the balance of the loan and one to the seller for the difference in the balance and the asking price. My seller ended up getting about $3k more than he owed on the boat.

If you have not done so already consider listing your boat on Craigslist through out CA, NV. Also list it on boat trader and eBay for about $50 each. A serious bargain hunter will make the drive to pick it up. Finally, there will always be Craigslist fakers so you may also want to consider raising your asking price and treating your current price as your reserve or lowest price. This way you can make bidders feel like they got something more out of the deal and if/when you accept their less than asking price offer you will be able to more easily identify if they are serious or not.

Good luck with the sale, someone is going to get an awesome boat.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Don’t need luck, your first post reads like an offer, there is no indication it was a joke. Given the context it would be inappropriate to make a joke of an offers. the guy is selling his boat at a loss, if you end up buying and loving a boat you will understand this is not a joking matter. Btw I am well educated and very well paid to read and write for a living.

One of great things about this site is the ability to ignore members posts. I’ve only used it twice since I joined this forum years ago three times when I start ignoring your posts.

If you are serious about buying a boat from someone here I suggest you introduce yourself as such on the appropriate thread. Be as transparent as you can be about your budget, whether you need to finance the purchase, your boating experience and how far you are willing to drive to pick it up. Unless I’m mistaken you only have two posts, both on this string.

I almost forgot having just sold three vehicles on Craigslist what I’ve found is that serious bidders will ask for additional pics, call to ask questions and/or will come and see the vehicle in person before they make an offer.

CAP44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks! I appreciate good honest feedback and will take your advice.

dexx00420

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd go with what Ronnie said about posting on Craigslist in other states as well. I live in Eastern Washington and if I were in the market I'd make the trip to CA in a heart beat. My local Yamaha dealer covers a good chunk of the eastern part of the state and they are selling used 242's before they even have them cleaned up....lately they have a waiting list for used 242's that haven't even happened yet. All I'm saying is for a price like that, a 15 hour drive would be well worth it for what you've got and I bet I'm not the only person in neighboring states that'd jump on a deal like this. Good luck with everything.

Also, one thing I was thinking and my wife had assumed with your area is whether it's been in salt water or just lakes....if it's just lakes, I'd suggest you mention that on your post so people don't just think CA = salt water and assume so.

falco

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
SOLD!! to me, almost. I am waiting to see Mike (nice guy by the way) October 12 at the river (I guess it will be my birthday present), and them I will sell this beauty (2013 212X with 50 hours).

Sorry Mike for crashing your party.

upload_2018-8-13_14-41-21.png

mpbassett44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
SOLD!! to me, almost. I am waiting to see Mike (nice guy by the way) October 12 at the river (I guess it will be my birthday present), and them I will sell this beauty (2013 212X with 50 hours).

Sorry Mike for crashing your party.

View attachment 81345
Great talking to you! See you in October. Monster Storm Is heading to Havasu that weekend, so hopefully we'll see some nice boats. No matter how nice the boats are in the poker run, I still think our yamaha's are the best boats on the river!! https://www.stormpokerruns.com/monster-storm.html

mpbassett44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
No...Long story, but I’ll make it short. A buyer committed to it about 2-3 weeks after I posted, but the boat was stored out of state (Lake Havasu). He told me he definitely wanted it, and we could meet up a the end of the boating season (October). My thought was I’ll use it for the season, then he’ll buy it. He assured me he would take it....He changed his mind (I think it was due to he couldn’t get what he wanted for his 21ft Yamaha boat). I was left trying to sell a boat in November. I figured I would wait until this season to try to sell it again.

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Pm Sent.