• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SWAG forum name delivery device -Footballs!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I pass Yamaha jetboats everyday I am on the water and I bet you do too. I wave, occasionally honk, but it seems like I would be invading their space to just pull up next to them to say hi. I have been thinking about a way to share our knowledge base with those that have our boats, that don't necessarily know we are here. With that, I started thinking, "if I just had a way to throw something to them, it would beat shouting and confusion". That is when I thought about those little footballs that they used to throw to the crowd at college and pro football games a hundred years ago. So I started looking for those footballs and who printed them. I have found numerous places, not yet found a soft fabric covered nerf style but I have found the polyurethane nerf style. The benefit would be a ball with jetboaters.net logo that you could toss around, use for stress relief, throw for the dog or kids, but best of all, a logo delivery device! Just motor by a jetboater and wave, act like your going to get him to "go long", and throw the logo! They end up costing a couple of bucks each with setup, shipping, art, and the ball itself. I would keep 10 or 20 of these in hand and a few on the boat each outing, to toss when I saw another jetboater.

The downside would be mailing these one at a time, and that would cost more than the ball. So what I am thinking, is if we were interested at a minimum of maybe 10 balls each, about $25 to $30 including shipping to you. That would keep my trips to the post office down and allow us to do this. This is now a go! I am ordering a few extras but you better act fast if you want in on it, because you have to order 250 to get the pricing where I have it. Not likely we will get that many takers at once again, so the pricing will go up 15-20 cents per ball on smaller orders.

This is what they look like...
balls.jpg

So the list is like others, post your name and count, along with color preference.
@txav8r 10-blue, 10-red
@Bruce 10-blue
@andy07sx230ho 10-red, 10-blue
@jetboater4life 10-red
@mark_m 10- blue
@Tranio 10-blue
@jawsf16 10-red
@0627Devildog 10-blue
@itsdgm 10-
@Big Shasta 10- red
@Wayloncle 10-red
@BravoMike 10-blue
@cane.mba 10-red
@sstegh 10-red
@Glassman 10-red, 10-blue
@Lspeedss 10-either
@Speedling 10-red
@justason 10-blue, 5-red
@ToesintheSand 5-red, 5-blue

Last edited:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
These balls are about 5 inches long and 3 inches in diameter.

Edit...changed the pictures around.

Last edited:

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Look nice. Problem may arise if one of them gets sucked up by the boat your throwing them too.;)

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I don't think that would be too much of an issue, not like rope, twigs, or grass...they float "on top of the water", not in it, so more than likely they would be pushed away but point taken anyway.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
nice idea, plus you could print on them, "stick this in your cleanout port to prevent plug launch" at least it would be for the single engine guys, They also have the fabric kind that absorb water and become heavier that the kids use in the swimming pool.

I would have voted for a frisbee but who knows how many throws that would take to get it to the other boat!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I thought about frisbees too @Scottintexas , and considered the wind, and said, naw...I could never get it there and it would sink just below the surface! These are the small balls, so they wouldn't fill the cleanout tubes. Just seemed like a good way to say hello to a fellow boater, and share the forum!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am in for 10.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Just need 8 more 10's, maybe less, because I too would do at least 10

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would take 10 to start with, hopefully I can quickly throw them to potential members. Also, these would be great to give out at boat shows.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I only know of 4 Yamaha boats in our neck of the woods so 10 is out of the question for me. Great idea though.

Tranio

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Count me in. I must have seen at least 3 yamis on the water this weekend and I know from the map they are not on here.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've seen two other jet boats in 4 years. I feel like the lonely Maytag repairman.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I think with this much interest, we will be a go!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That is 60 so far, so just a couple of other 10 packs needed, john, I will send you one or two,whatever you need.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm in. I have been handing out koozies all summer.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
10 for me. . . . .I believe!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ill take 10. I'm almost out of stickers, so this would be great to leave on the Captain's seat of all the boats that I see at the docks.