• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Found a great deal 1,130 miles away (Lutz, FL)

ItsMike1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@capt I almost bought this boat toady. The whole thing seemed kind of weird. I PMed you as id like to hear your expierence and if you ever persued it further. Im still considering an offer as he was understanding that I might need to rebuild an engine and that will change the price. Thanks for any help.

Edit: I stumbled on this post looking for info on compression as 1 cylinder had low compression when I had it inspected

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Unless I missed it, I am not driving that distance unless the seller provided me with his asking price. You'd hate to drive there and the guy says 20K firm. Ifyou knew the price ahead of time, you would know what you are working with.

ItsMike1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Unless I missed it, I am not driving that distance unless the seller provided me with his asking price. You'd hate to drive there and the guy says 20K firm. Ifyou knew the price ahead of time, you would know what you are working with.
Hey bud not sure who you were responding to. The original post was from about 4 months ago from a guy in Texas that was considering driving to Florida for this boat and thought he could get it for $12k. I looked at and had this exact boat inspected today, then coincidentally stumbled on this post, and was looking for the original poster's expierence as the whole process of buying this boat struck me as odd.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@ItsMike1 I chimed in on your original post about this boat. Considering what I'm hearing on this thread I would advise caution. It could still be a good purchase at the right price but I think I would look at it from a "worst case scenario". That way the money issue would be covered for repairs. The only issue left would be time to repair issues. Good luck Mike.

ItsMike1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Gym yeah Im pretty much giving up on it. Unless the guy will sell it stupid cheap its just not worth the risk and the headache that a bad engine would cause. Thanks for the input!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's a good looking boat at a great price. Keep in mind the gunwale height changed 2007 so the 2006 "top of the hull" will sit a little lower compared to the 2007+ 230. Some prefer that style, but it is one of the differences with the 2007+ that makes it seem a bit bigger in the water because they are a taller. The bottom part of the hull is very similar as I understand it. This also seems to make for a bigger price break on 2006 vs 2007 boats (or at least it did last year when I bought mine)

Best of luck shopping!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Forgot...The seating layout 2 x capitan chairs vs foldable seat for J- seating or forward facing is the other big aspect of 2006 230s vs 2007+

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The 2007+ 230s also have a head compartment instead of two storage compartments built into the rear, next to the engine compartment.