• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Found a sensor in my jet drive - is this off the boat?

Matthewdavid321

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I was driving my 2017 Yamaha 242 limited S at e/4 throttle and all the sudden the starboard engine starts to vibrate. So I power down and try to power back up. Anything over 4 thousand rpm and the boat would shake violently. So I took the boat out of the water and looked up in the jet port and found this sensor that was stuck in the tube between the wall and impeller. It had a small peice of tape on it so it was stuck tight. I pulled it out and it fixed the problem with my boat, but my question is, is this a sensor from the Yahama or did I just suck it up in the water?

I search for Yahama parts can could not find anything. There is also no brand or modle number on the sensor, so I am asking the forums. Thanks guys !

Pictures are attached.

Attachments

Matthewdavid321

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thank you Drexx3! I feel better.