• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Free Air Subs on 222SE Swim Platform

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Alright... Sotally Tober 5 has sold. The plan is to take this boating season off and place a deposit on a 2024 222SE. I'm hoping for better color options, specifically Suede Grey over Black.

I've started to design the next sound system and I'm considering placing two free air subs on the swim platform. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with speakers in this position? If so, did you run into any issues?

boat.jpg

Did this on my 210 with JL 7.7s. Would not recommend with salt water. Probably fine with fresh water.

With that being said, it will be pretty obnoxious standing behind the boat, especially in waste deep water. I would rather put speakers there and keep the subs inside.

BUT if you insist - let's do it right. One sub on each side paired with 2 of the Kicker 6.5 horn loaded speakers per side.

Did this on my 210 with JL 7.7s. Would not recommend with salt water. Probably fine with fresh water.

With that being said, it will be pretty obnoxious standing behind the boat, especially in waste deep water. I would rather put speakers there and keep the subs inside.

BUT if you insist - let's do it right. One sub on each side paired with 2 of the Kicker 6.5 horn loaded speakers per side.

Ha! I'm going to have four Wet Sounds Rev-12 HDs hanging from the tower so I doubt the subs will be that obnoxious. The whole boat will be obnoxious when I'm done with it. LOL. I'm going with 8inch Wet Sounds Zero Speakers for the coaxles. Should have 8-10 of them.

I also had 2 JL 7.7s on the back of my boat SeaDoo 200. Was fine for many years but they were the only ones I eventually had to replace due to the tweeters going bad. Probably the salt water from people getting in and out. I think subs would be fine though. A4F5C0C6-343F-47DD-BAA0-45221C0B8048.jpeg

I also had 2 JL 7.7s on the back of my boat SeaDoo 200. Was fine for many years but they were the only ones I eventually had to replace due to the tweeters going bad. Probably the salt water from people getting in and out. I think subs would be fine though. View attachment 193307
Good to know! Thanks!

I have a 195 and I find even the small remote radio controls quite annoying in that area. Can't lean back there. I could only imagine how awkward they would be placed there.

I have a 195 and I find even the small remote radio controls quite annoying in that area. Can't lean back there. I could only imagine how awkward they would be placed there.

Your probably right; however, I'm going for "floating club" over comfort. The SE comes with the underwater transom seats so hopefully that will help.

Undwrwater transom seats would be killer. Part of our boating season, the water is too cold to go waste deep. So having the ability to just dip your legs is it.

yes I agree to optimize for the cabin that's what I did a pair of 10" subs and 6 x 6.5's

for the floating club effect maybe 4 subs and boxes of appropriate volume and a port... the 6.5's are good and maybe add a quartet of KMTC 11 incheers on the tower.... for my on the water concert set up I have 2x 15" 3000w Class D's and Im really thinking about picking up 2 more 15 or 18" cabs as the open space EATS up the base... 4 Class D cabs with 15" 1000w mains with 2" 500w horns is ok for the mid and top...

do you have room for a 3Kw gen set ?
If too much is enough then WAY too much is just right :winkingthumbsup"

yes I agree to optimize for the cabin that's what I did a pair of 10" subs and 6 x 6.5's

for the floating club effect maybe 4 subs and boxes of appropriate volume and a port... the 6.5's are good and maybe add a quartet of KMTC 11 incheers on the tower.... for my on the water concert set up I have 2x 15" 3000w Class D's and Im really thinking about picking up 2 more 15 or 18" cabs as the open space EATS up the base... 4 Class D cabs with 15" 1000w mains with 2" 500w horns is ok for the mid and top...

do you have room for a 3Kw gen set ?
If too much is enough then WAY too much is just right :winkingthumbsup"

Even though the 222SE's are a foot longer than the outgoing 21 footers, they have significantly less compartment space. Not ideal for enclosed subs in a box.

In lieu of enclosed subs, the compartment of the 222 will be littered with IB Subs. Looking at for the cabin:
4-6 10inch Wet Sounds Revo IBs (REVO 10 FA S4-B V2 | Wet Sounds 10" Free Air 4 Ohm Marine Subwoofer)
4-6 8inch Wet Sounds Revo IBs (REVO 8 FA S4-B | Wet Sounds 8" Free Air Marine Subwoofer)
8 - 8inch Wet Sounds ZERO Coaxial (ZERO 8 XZ-B | Wet Sounds High-Output 8" Marine Coaxial Speakers)

For the swim step:
2 10inch Wet Sounds Revo IBs (REVO 10 FA S4-B V2 | Wet Sounds 10" Free Air 4 Ohm Marine Subwoofer)
2 6.5inch Wet Sounds ZERO Coaxial (ZERO 6 XZ-B | Wet Sounds High-Output 6.5" Marine Coaxial Speakers)

For the tower:
4 Wet Sounds Rev 12 HDs (REV 12 HD Black | Wet Sounds REV HD Series 12" Black Tower Speakers)

Amps: