• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Stereo FS: Kicker Marine Amps

bigblank69

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have 3 amps, never installed (though I did test the Sub amp and one of the 2 channels on my Bench Test to see how they sounded), all basically BNIB. Only reason I am selling is I want my amps to match, and it turns out the sub I bought is DVC 2 instead of DVC 4, so going in a different amp direction.

1- Kick 40KXM1200.1, 1200W @ 2ohms RMS Subwoofer amp $180 Shipped
2- Kicker 40KXM400.2 100x2 @ 4ohms, 200x2 @2ohms $150 Shipped each

I can email pics

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Definitely my least knowledgeable subject. If I wanted to amplify my 6 Polk stock speakers on my 212 would one of these be an option for me?

bigblank69

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You would need both of the 2 Channel amps. You could run 1 pair off one amp, (4 ohms per channel), and you could run the other amp with the other 4 speakers (2 speakers per channel, 2 ohms per channel final impedance).

Technically speaking though... You could pull off running all 6 on one amp... But the wiring would be a little trickier (You would have two run 2 pairs in a series and one in parallel, and you would get 3 ohms per channel and roughly 50 watts per speaker....) And some advise against running different ohm loads on 1 channel.

bigblank69

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Also, even if you decide to not buy one of these amps, I am happy to help you with any questions you have that are Audio related. I run a YouTube channel dedicated to Amplifiers and Audio gear.. though it's just a hobby of mine.

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome thank yo so much! So what would you recommend. Obviously I know the stock polks are not the best but all I want to do is increase volume and maybe in the future I’ll add a sub or some tower speakers. Would the best move be to get 2 4 channel amps and have 2 open channels on the second one that I could dedicate to a sub or tower speakers in the future? Sorry I know these are basic questions

bigblank69

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The stock Polks are not bad actually, you really need to amp them before determining exactly how they sound to you. They are not as bullet proof as Wet Sounds XS / REVs, but the sound is good when amped. To increase Volume, step one would be Amps. A Subwoofer will add Bass and tower speakers will add volume above the standard 6 you have.

If I was building your system I would do the following in order.
Either dual stereo amps or a 4 channel.
Add a subwoofer and Mono amp
If still not happy, add 2 tower speakers and additional amp. Either high power stereo amp, or bridged 4 channel for the towers alone.

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you so much for the advice! I will be doing just as you said.

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That’s awesome not far at all! We just got our 17 212 limited S in October and haven’t even had it out yet. Still got to sell my stern drive in the spring!

bigblank69

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sweet, I keep my SX240 up on the Upper Fox and Chain O Lakes. As I said earlier, Audio is my hobby/ obsession and I am happy to help you out.

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Any particular not insanely expensive 4 channel amp you would recommend starting with? I’m sure I’ll have more wiring questions when I get the boat in the spring.

bigblank69

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What budget are you thinking of working with?

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome thank you very much I have always been loyal to Polk and will go this route.

bigblank69

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cool! I loved that amp. Let me know if you need advice on what wiring to get for it.

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How would you suggest wiring the 6 speakers to this? I believe the swim deck speakers might be smaller than the cabins. I don’t know all the specs of them yet I haven’t picked the boat up yet. Yes I’ll take whatever advice I can get like I said audio I will happily admit I don’t have much knowledge on.

bigblank69

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would run the front speakers on the front channels of the amp, and I would run the rear speaker and the swim deck speakers on the rear channels of the amp in parallel.

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Perfect thanks. You suggest mounting the amp in the helm and running power up there opposed to mounting in battery compartment?

bigblank69

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Personally I don't think it makes a difference. I run mine in the battery compartment and have never had an issue. Also I don't store anything in the battery compartment, but I do store cushions and my fire extinguisher in my helm... Not to mention I'm to big to fit in the helm opening to mount stuff :)