• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH 190 Sport trolling motor install

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just picked up the same trolling motor...now researching everything for the install. I see a couple of different QD plug kits available...does it matter which one I got with? There's a MKR-26 and a MKR-28. Also, any issues with the factory trolling motor mount? I know you had it extended, but then didn't need the extension? Trying not to spend a fortune on all the parts for the install. Big ticket items left will be the batteries of course.
Sorry I was on vacation last week only check this site during work hours :) Let me check my order history if I can find info for you

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just picked up the same trolling motor...now researching everything for the install. I see a couple of different QD plug kits available...does it matter which one I got with? There's a MKR-26 and a MKR-28. Also, any issues with the factory trolling motor mount? I know you had it extended, but then didn't need the extension? Trying not to spend a fortune on all the parts for the install. Big ticket items left will be the batteries of course.
I have MKR-28 plug. For the factory trolling motor mount, you can just add 2 hole at the end, no need for extension. Also you can try to install it without adding hole first and see how you like it you can always add the extra hole later (DONT USE the sealant until you finalize it). I may be just paranoid cause i don't think its sturdy enough so I added extra for "my peace of mind" lol

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Get a Victron smart shunt for your trolling motor battery, they are configurable for all battery types and sizes. Very easy to install and the only way to really know how much energy you have used on a given outing. That meter on the trolling motor is looking at voltage on the battery only and not Ah’s used.
Thanks Dale, In my to do list for sure