• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH 21 hard top

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I love the T-top frame but was not thrilled with a canvas top. I got a radar and would have to put a hole in it to mount it, and figured it would rip open soon after. There was n9t a hard top made to bolt on so I started looking at options. Fiberglass is probably the best but it would have to be custom made and take a while and a few bucks. Started looking to make one, lots of work and very hard to make look good if you have never worked with it before. So I figured I would look at aluminum? Not popular but I think I can do it so here goes.AD8511C0-7B57-4511-A145-78FD6DBA3AA4.jpeg277767F2-28A3-4020-9A1E-43A7249FE036.jpeg

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Sure hope that aluminum is anodized........

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Nice. I don't like the canvas either.

thefastz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Interested to see how it turns out, I am not a huge fan of the canvas as well. Are you planning on bolting it on?

Mark Lamb

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I forget where I had originally seen this. I thought this was a pretty good idea and I like that it gives extra coverage as well.

upload_2018-4-10_12-42-53.jpeg

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
White one looks more like a poly or starboard material

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Looks like my whiteboard hanging in my office....think I have our network and DBA org outlined on it.....

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I would love to just buy that and put it on. what is the weight? That is one of the things I'm worried about. I was going to have it welded but my guy is worried about the powdercoat even after being ground off leaving some in the frame and wants me to rivet it on with stainless 1/4" rivets. I ordered the rivets and am at a standstill for a day.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Powder coat, stainless, aluminum??? WOW!

CORROSION!!!

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
So...this is probably gonna ruffle some feathers but it is a simple truth in my opinion.

You can spend $5 on hot dogs and spend $20 on making them taste good by adding buns, condiments, chips etc.

Or you could just buy a $25 steak to start with and be done with it.

Another way of saying it...you can put stripes on a pig, but that doesn't make it a zebra. Learned my lesson with the FSH...and I see others now wearing the same shoes.

20130220-081329.jpg

Lawrence Gill Jr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Clemson tiger, other than scarrab, who else has a comparable center console with jet motors?
I get your analogy, but i have to be honest. Boats this size are not gonna come with what everyone wants, from stereo's to electronics to lights and so on companies dont make them the way people want them, hense the boat aftermarket being as big as it is...
And even 750,000 yachts dont come the way customers want necessarily
So i get what your saying, spend more from the get go and be done with it, my point is that boat doesnt exist!
Just my 2 cents

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Those boats do exist....problem is your hung up on the jet boat product.

You want a hard top? Buy a boat that has one at least as an option (jet boats don't)

You want trim tabs? Buy a boat that has them at least as an option (jet boats don't)

You want a fishing boat? Buy a brand that is known for building them and has a history of proper fishing design (jet boats don't)

You want to mount radar and/or outriggers? Buy a boat that has a t-top designed for those applications (jet boats don't).

You want a center console fishing boat....buy one. Don't try and turn an aluminum john boat into a sailboat for the ocean....

Dwayne Henderson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
This top is UHMW. It allowed me to mount the light bar, rod holders, and mounts for gaff, and anchor pole. No corrosion. As mentioned above, I also made it a bit longer so rain wasn’t running off on top of your head when sitting.

Attachments

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ah yes, @Grassman !

Not the first time...anytime the herd hears trouble...that is usually the first response from some random.

"HUSH BE QUIET...EVERYONE, COVER YOUR EARS...DON'T LISTEN OR ACKNOWLEDGE THE LOGIC OR TRUTH....KEEP REPEATING THE CULT CHANT TO YOURSELVES"

Lawrence Gill Jr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Those boats do exist....problem is your hung up on the jet boat product.

You want a hard top? Buy a boat that has one at least as an option (jet boats don't)

You want trim tabs? Buy a boat that has them at least as an option (jet boats don't)

You want a fishing boat? Buy a brand that is known for building them and has a history of proper fishing design (jet boats don't)

You want to mount radar and/or outriggers? Buy a boat that has a t-top designed for those applications (jet boats don't).

You want a center console fishing boat....buy one. Don't try and turn an aluminum john boat into a sailboat for the ocean....
I wanted a center console, jet boat because i like the look of center consoles and jet powered because some of my hangouts are very shallow
Maybee a outboard would have done the trick but its not what "I" wanted
I wanted a 10 speaker stereo? With all jl audio speakers! That dont exist!
Again i get your point, but it seems like your bustin chops for people customizing their stuff! People customize everything at every price range!
I boat in lake st clair in michigan, and i hate fishing! So i guess my needs are a little weird! But its america so thats the beauty of it ;)

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Some random? Wow, Just an honest question. My apologies if I offended you.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I’m confused....is this a jet boat forum?

I thought this was a cheese of the month group chat?

Man, am I lost.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a jeep to that has a lot of mods compared to the boat. I think it is as fun to put stuff on ur boat and learn from other people doing the same . Heck my pick up is customized also, it is something to do. If people just took what was offered everything would be the same. And no new innovation or anything else would happen. We would be crapping in a hole like the Chinese instead of a toilet.
There would be no Reses if someone did not mix peanut butter and chocolate. This is what makes life great! You want what u want and I want what I want. There was no radar mount on a prop boat until someone put one on, there was no trim tabs on a outboard boat till some one put them on. How many people just put underwater lights on there boat? They were unheard of 10 years ago. Have fun, we are not here for a long time have a good time!