• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH 21 hard top

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a jeep to that has a lot of mods compared to the boat. I think it is as fun to put stuff on ur boat and learn from other people doing the same . Heck my pick up is customized also, it is something to do. If people just took what was offered everything would be the same. And no new innovation or anything else would happen. We would be crapping in a hole like the Chinese instead of a toilet.
There would be no Reses if someone did not mix peanut butter and chocolate. This is what makes life great! You want what u want and I want what I want. There was no radar mount on a prop boat until someone put one on, there was no trim tabs on a outboard boat till some one put them on. How many people just put underwater lights on there boat? They were unheard of 10 years ago. Have fun, we are not here for a long time have a good time!
Exactly!!!! I have had my "jetboat" for two years now! I LOVE IT! and have no desire to switch to another boat...meets all my needs! I think I enjoy customizing and working on my boat just as much as being out on it! That is why I'm here! I have nothing against ClemsonTiger's opinions (it's America everyone has one!!) Not sure I would waste my time on a jetboat forum if I didn't own a jetboat anymore, but hey! If its what you enjoy...DO IT!! I'm here because I learn allot about my boat and get allot of ideas from others! I hope your T-Top project is a success!!! Enjoy ur jetboat!!!!!

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Those boats do exist....problem is your hung up on the jet boat product.

You want a hard top? Buy a boat that has one at least as an option (jet boats don't)

You want trim tabs? Buy a boat that has them at least as an option (jet boats don't)

You want a fishing boat? Buy a brand that is known for building them and has a history of proper fishing design (jet boats don't)

You want to mount radar and/or outriggers? Buy a boat that has a t-top designed for those applications (jet boats don't).

You want a center console fishing boat....buy one. Don't try and turn an aluminum john boat into a sailboat for the ocean....
I'm confused, isn't this a Jet boat forum? Why are you trolling here, every topic I read you are there knocking the FSH, and I have only been a member for 4 hrs.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'm confused, isn't this a Jet boat forum? Why are you trolling here, every topic I read you are there knocking the FSH, and I have only been a member for 4 hrs.
I’m confused, why do care why I am here?

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ha ha, because unlike you, I am actually a jetboat owner...just saying. This looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.
Ah your partially incorrect, I used to own a FSH...but was able to free myself of it after 9 months of ownership

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ah your partially incorrect, I used to own a FSH...but was able to free myself of it after 9 months of ownership
I am aware of that, and that is your prerogative, just don't get why you have to be here hating on our boats, we like our boats and that is why we own them, the day I sell it for whatever reason then I will go and follow a forum that pertains to my new boat, but to each his own, I will have a great time reading your hater comments and will have even more fun responding to them.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I am aware of that, and that is your prerogative, just don't get why you have to be here hating on our boats, we like our boats and that is why we own them, the day I sell it for whatever reason then I will go and follow a forum that pertains to my new boat, but to each his own, I will have a great time reading your hater comments and will have even more fun responding to them.
I look forward to our future conversations buddy!

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Clemson Tiger calls himself a heretic but I think more of him as an enigma. I do appreciate his posts especially some of the recipes and I'm glad he's still here.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Project sitting.. I threw canvis on and am using the boat it is a short season in NY and I’ll work on it in the winter.

clmchris

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This top is UHMW. It allowed me to mount the light bar, rod holders, and mounts for gaff, and anchor pole. No corrosion. As mentioned above, I also made it a bit longer so rain wasn’t running off on top of your head when sitting.
What is the over all size and thickness did you wind up doing? Thanks

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I love the T-top frame but was not thrilled with a canvas top. I got a radar and would have to put a hole in it to mount it, and figured it would rip open soon after. There was n9t a hard top made to bolt on so I started looking at options. Fiberglass is probably the best but it would have to be custom made and take a while and a few bucks. Started looking to make one, lots of work and very hard to make look good if you have never worked with it before. So I figured I would look at aluminum? Not popular but I think I can do it so here goes.View attachment 71640View attachment 71641
So how did this top finally work out for you, any pictures of the finished product? Thanks,

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So how did this top finally work out for you, any pictures of the finished product? Thanks,
I left my boat in Islamorada for the winter instead of working on it. Down here now playing with it, I’ll take it home this week and get back on it.
But honestly if I can just buy one from @JetBoatPilot I would be all over it.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I left my boat in Islamorada for the winter instead of working on it. Down here now playing with it, I’ll take it home this week and get back on it.
But honestly if I can just buy one from @JetBoatPilot I would be all over it.
Yeah they look pretty nice, I believe Noel at Cycle Springs already has them ready to go. Give him a shout.

Gedis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This top is UHMW. It allowed me to mount the light bar, rod holders, and mounts for gaff, and anchor pole. No corrosion. As mentioned above, I also made it a bit longer so rain wasn’t running off on top of your head when sitting.

Hi Dwayne,
I just bought 190 FSH Sport and this weekend I took it to try out. Sure enough the top got ripped up on the way back home. I drove 40 miles at 70 mph. But anyways I was thinking of making a hard top before even taking it out on the water. My question to you is where did you buy/get that big sheet of plastic? Did you order online or localy? I live in Chicagoland and I'm very handy to make it fit/customize/install. Thanks

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Gedis if you live near Chicago I’d check with McMaster-Carr on the sheet of HDPE. They are located in Elmhurst, just off 294 and North ave. I’m looking at my options to either make or buy a similar hardtop, my major concern right now is attaching it to the tube frame without having to drill 40 holes in it. Also looking at a U-bolt type setup but idk. My concern isn’t on the water, it’s the 70mph towing into a headwind that I’m concerned with.

Gedis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks @TW Merema I will def look in to it!!! I don't think you will need to drill holes in the tube. As you said you can use U-bolts and mount it that way but make sure to have metal plate or wide washer on the other side to cover as much area as possible for better and stronger support. I would use rivets for support plates to make it look as clean as possible. Also I don't think you should worry about wind damaging it when you have hard top that is bolted on