• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH 210 Sport T-top Tow Point on Rod Holders

washipdog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone on here seen or made a tow point which can mount in the t-top rod holders? I have been thinking about making a u-shaped tube with a tow point welded on it which would slide into the two middle rod holders. This would give my wakeboarders a high tow point to use. Thoughts?

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not recommended. The OEM top falls bit short as a tow point. Not vcd sure how well the anchor points in the floor would hold up. As well as keep in mind the upper portion is held in place by stainless bolts. Normally a tow point is a bit more centralized to help disperse the load. The rocket launchers would probably be the worst location.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We are aftermarket bolts to the same spots and follows the same design for the hardtop. With the extra stress of the hard top mine is already cracked so I would definitely avoid that.

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I know this is not the opinion of the forum but I tow surf and wakeboard from the rocket launcher. Well aware it's not recommended but a relatively static rearward force does not concern me too much. The side to side movement (so much it kisses the windshield) while running at speed is much more harsh. If I'm pulling a tube it goes from the tow point.

I've looked at the brackets and they all have backing plates on them under the fiberglass (not sure if the 190 is the same or not). Towed probably a hundred rides without issue so far.

washipdog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I know this is not the opinion of the forum but I tow surf and wakeboard from the rocket launcher. Well aware it's not recommended but a relatively static rearward force does not concern me too much. The side to side movement (so much it kisses the windshield) while running at speed is much more harsh. If I'm pulling a tube it goes from the tow point.

I've looked at the brackets and they all have backing plates on them under the fiberglass (not sure if the 190 is the same or not). Towed probably a hundred rides without issue so far.
Thanks for the input. When I posted this, I figured everyone would recommend against it. I was surprised to see you have actually done it. What do you use for a tow point.

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I simply loop it right around one of the rod holders. Those suckers are really welded on there.

To be quite honest, my rocket launchers have become more of a wake tower than a fishing accessory :p If I end up having any issues, I'll upgrade the T top with something custom fabricated that will support towing.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I can tell you when I installed the t top on my 190, when drilling through the floor I noted yamaha had an aluminum plate sandwiched in the deck. I'm assuming the 210 has the same thing. No clue as to the size of the plate.

washipdog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for this info. It's safe to say the two are built the same.

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My t- top is contacting my windsheild as well, it moves laterally into it and is already worn down to the aluminum. This might be a little hokie but you could run a ratchet strap from the front of the t-top to the bow cleat for more support. 🤘😂