• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH 210 Wakeboard

BMatavelli

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Hello, I am new to the forum and to boating, I have been reading many threads here for a while and today I decided to post my own to make some questions.

I have decided or almost decided to buy a Yamaha FSH210, the only reason I don't have it yet is that the dealers are all out of stock. I put on a deposit and I am waiting. I do feel like I will have to pay top dollar for the boat since all boats are being sold so fast with COVID, but this is life.

I love fishing and so does my 6-year-old son, but I want a boat to go to the sand bars and for water sports as well. One of the things I could not find anywhere is how to adapt a wakeboard tower to the FSH, I wish the fishing tower was like in the scarab 195 open id. For this reason, I sometimes think about buying the AR210, but then I don't know how good it would be for fishing with all the blood and the boat is not as open. Has anyone had experience fishing from AR210 or similar boat?

When going to the sand bars I might have some friends on board and the FSH seems to have good seats, but the handles don't seem good for passengers to hold, especially in the bow area where it seems to have a lack of it. has anyone had any experience with it?

All in all, I know I want too much out of a boat, but I can't afford to have two.

Has anyone tried to tow a 210 with an Infinity qx60 for about 15 miles? I know I will have to change my car as it can handle only 5k pounds, but maybe for 15 miles.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a 19' 210 FSH and I had the same dilemma about wake boarding from a higher tow point. We even considered giving it a try after seeing a few others on here post that they tow from the T-top, but then I started seeing where people were having cracked welds and fiberglass on the deck of console and I decided it was not worth trying. My kids wake board from the factory tow point and have not had any issues or troubles. We do a lot of wake boarding and tubing as well as fishing and I find the FSH is just about perfect for our needs. I would've liked to see Yamaha put a tow point on the tower and beefed it up to handle the torque, but it wasn't worth me going with an AR as the whole reason I considered the FSH was for the open deck/walk around center console. My kids are older (2 graduated and youngest is a senior in HS) and it won't be long before grand babies come along. I went with the FSH as I knew the wife and I would be empty nesters here soon and the boat would be used mainly for fishing until the grand babies get big enough to pull around.

Each situation is different and we all have different needs out of our boats, but don't let the lower tow point sway you from going with the FSH. Unless you are doing competition wake boarding, the FSH does just fine. We are not into surfing, but I have heard of others who have made some mods and added ballast to surf behind their FSH's.

All in all, we are very pleased with the FSH! Good luck buddy.