• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH 252/255 Bow Rollers Conversion

Thor32766

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone thought or completed a conversion of the two bow rollers to one roller? My ramp at my marina is a really step incline. When the river is low it is extremely hard to have the hook on the bow make over the second roller. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Bjensen24

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
When this has happened to me I just let some of the strap out enough to feed under the top but over the bottom roller and attach to the boat then just winch it up. I have my wife give it some throttle sometimes if it gets hard. I am not positive but I do think the two roller system makes the trailering more stable. My last boat was half a foot shorter and only difference I can see between the two trailer is the that the old one had one roller and it never felt as sturdy as this one.

Bigworm

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Has anyone thought or completed a conversion of the two bow rollers to one roller? My ramp at my marina is a really step incline. When the river is low it is extremely hard to have the hook on the bow make over the second roller. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Check to see if your assembly is on right. It shoul look like the second picture with the long side up.

Attachments

Jdorta

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Check to see if your assembly is on right. It shoul look like the second picture with the long side up.
Are you sure? It seems that they all arrive with the long side at the bottom if I am not mistaking.

Bjensen24

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I switched mine and do think it sat better on the trailer. But it was impossible to load alone. Someone has to hold up the roller whole
Loading. I’ve since gone back to the other way slightly lowering the position it was previously mounted on the trailer and now it’s perfect. Also switched the rollers just fyi.

Attachments

Jdorta

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I switched the rollers too.
I have been play around with Stoltz and a couple of other softer rollers. I just can’t find a lower roller that contacts the hull. How does your roller contact the bow? Just at the leading edge of the bow?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The eye on the bow should rest under the top roller as seen in some pictures above. The strap runs under the top roller and connects to the eye. That way the bow/eye is locked to the trailer and cannot move/bounce up while trailering. It may need adjusting.

Edit: ShoreLand'r.com - Boat-To-Trailer Step #4

Last edited:

Jdorta

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I ordered them and had to return them. After several conversations with theJPB customer service they realized that the FSH needed a different bow roller than what was first sent to me, we replaced them with what is the correct upper roller, but the lower roller’angle is too flat, so it really only acts as a stop. So I am still on the lookout for a bottom roller with a steeper angle.