• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH 255 Sport e Deliveries

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I put down a deposit in February here in Florida was told they ordered 5 black 255s. Supposed to be delivered July range he said. Also said they did not order any 252's. No one is requesting them. Found that interesting.
This whole scenario sounds a bit off. As I understand it each dealer receives an allocation of boats. That allocation for 2022 was set last year. At that point the dealer only knows what the allocation is and don't know when they will be delivered. Unless some of these dealers have backdoor information that no one else has access to I would question the legitimacy of thier information.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@SDAnderson51 Again, you are most likely spot on. That is the consensus and what I have heard from Dealers. Allocations were locked in early last fall. No additional orders were being taken, since they already started cutting some of the allocations it appears, because they cannot process all of the them. No one can just order a boat outright. Those whom are putting in Deposits are really only taking an existing slot of the already allocated boats. Now that is not to say people whom are before people in line don't back out. It happens a lot.

Also there have been boats that have shown up at dealers that where not previously allocated, as my dealer has received them. It happens. I am unsure as to why. No Rhyme or Reason.

Knowing how many allocations each Dealer has, and they are all different, is information that isn't readily available.

Last edited:

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@SDAnderson51 Again, you are most likely spot on. That is the consensus and what I have heard from Dealers. Allocations were locked in early last fall. No additional orders were being taken, since they already started cutting some of the allocations it appears, because they cannot process all of the them. No one can just order a boat outright. Those whom are putting in Deposits are really only taking an existing slot of the already allocated boats. Now that is not to say people whom are before people in line don't back out. It happens a lot.

Also there have been boats that have shown up at dealers that where not previously allocated, as my dealer has received them. It happens. I am unsure as to why. No Rhyme or Reason.

Knowing how many allocations each Dealer has, and they are all different, is information that isn't readily available.
From the post on this forum there are going to be a lot of boats available when people start to get boats since there are posts here from people that put deposits down on boats at multiple dealers.

Last edited:

Nick255FSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
An update from the dealership:

From February to March I moved up one place from #5 too #4 on the dealerships list for the 255 Yacht Blue. I checked in this morning (4/13) and was told "no change from last reporting and no cuts to report as of yet". It's very discouraging when there is little to no communication between Yamaha and the dealership.

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
An update from the dealership:

From February to March I moved up one place from #5 too #4 on the dealerships list for the 255 Yacht Blue. I checked in this morning (4/13) and was told "no change from last reporting and no cuts to report as of yet". It's very discouraging when there is little to no communication between Yamaha and the dealership.
WHere are you checking your status? It seems like the 255s are not being sent to the dealers yet. My dealer has five 255's allocated that they have not received and two FSH 255s. The dealer is really frusterated as well, although I know there is no way his frustration comes close to mine.

Nick255FSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
WHere are you checking your status? It seems like the 255s are not being sent to the dealers yet. My dealer has five 255's allocated that they have not received and two FSH 255s. The dealer is really frusterated as well, although I know there is no way his frustration comes close to mine.
My status check comes direct from my sales rep at the dealership. Each time I reach out (via email) he responds promptly.

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My status check comes direct from my sales rep at the dealership. Each time I reach out (via email) he responds promptly.
That generally means that he boat is not in route. That is the only communication the dealers get from Yamaha is when the boat is being shipped, although they sometime get boats that show up randomly.

Thor32766

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just got the call today for a yacht blue. Will pick it up this weekend. I am extremely lucky put a deposit two months ago. Orlando area.

Thor32766

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
255 in yacht blue. I just sold my 190 FSH a couple weeks ago

ccwakerider

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ordered (well, deposit down for 2022 model) my black 255 E in July and it came in late December. Paid for, but didn’t get it yet due to winter.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just got the call today for a yacht blue. Will pick it up this weekend. I am extremely lucky put a deposit two months ago. Orlando area.
Congrats! Just wondering, what dealer are you working with? When you put your deposit down, did they mention how many were ahead of you?

Thor32766

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Bmc boats in longwood Florida. I was 6th on the list in January.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bmc boats in longwood Florida. I was 6th on the list in January.
Good stuff. I was browsing there in late December and recall for some of the models they were 12+ deep on the list.

Looking forward to hearing your impressions of the 25ft and where you plan on using it.

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
It looks like you are waiting on a boat as well. When did you put it on order?
I ordered a 252SD in late Aug / early Sept 2021 through a small dealer near Waco. I monitor the big dealer's websites to see if I can make rhyme or reason out of Yamaha's manufacturing pattern.