• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

FSH Deluxe With Aftermarket Tower?

pres2028

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Is it insane to think about getting a 210 FSH Deluxe and then adding an aftermarket wakeboard tower like one of these?

Wondering if that will give the fishing functionality I'm looking for (live well, etc), alongside the water-sports / aggressive styling that my wife likes. Anyone done this? Any downsides I'm not thinking of (other than rod storage)?

Decisions, decisions...

Thanks!

You could be better off going the other way. If I keep my AR210 or not, which we are talking about a 240 or 250, depending on price, I am putting a trolling motor on the front with release and fishing pedestal seats in front and back platform. For a live well I saw a very nice portable that would easily be secured on platform with aerator and nice latching lid. This way we have the best of both worlds. In the Fall and Spring I could do heavy Salmon and Steelhead fishing and during the warm months I get the comfort of the seat arrangement. l I already have 4 Rod Rocket Launchers on my AR210 Tower and I have looked at a down rigger, per another member here, that could just insert in the back pedestal seat holder once installed.

If we go to the 240 or 250 next year than I would be doing that to that boat as well. I do like the sound of the 24/25 FSH, but would have to see the layout as well as the price.

Just some of my thoughts.

Hadn't thought about that - thank you. I was wondering if folks set up non-FSH boats that way. Completely newbie, been all over the map searching for the right boat over the last couple months - my son and I fish regularly but my wife and daughter want to relax / enjoy.

I'm going to try to find some photos of AR210's rigged with pedestal seats. My son is pretty small (he's 5 but fishes beyond his years!) so I would need him to be able to cast from a spot that's pretty safe & secure.

Thanks again.

Not sure what you will find. All I found was a thread on here where someone made a complete casting platform with pedestal seat for their bow. I plan on just putting the pedestal seat in the floor ahead of the ski locker. Will be working on these mods once I see what comes out for the full 2021 line and the pricing.

I was in the same predicament as you. I wanted the fish the family wanted the AR, sooooo I now have an AR. If I keep it, it will be turned into a Yamaha Fish n' Ski :)

Don't get me wrong, I really like the FSH, but for the way we use the boat with the family, the seating is just not conducive to it.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the FSH, but for the way we use the boat with the family, the seating is just not conducive to it.
Yeah makes sense. I'm taking a hard look at the AR.

I'm purchasing a 2021 195 FSH Deluxe and having a hardtop installed. Purchasing my bought from Cycle Springs in Clearwater FL and have reviewed this system. I'm putting my money here, the hard top is 7' X 4' which will give you good helm shade. Keep in mind the FSH model serves a dual purpose, accommodates the family needs and is a perfect fishing platform. You have the best of both worlds and the 195 comes with the SHVO Supercharger. Not sure where you plan on using your boat but I'm sure you will be happy and at the same time not breaking the bank.

I would go for the FSH if you're going to be fishing. I sold my runabout last year and I'll say they do not make good fishing boats. My family enjoys fishing and watersports and fishing on a runabout isn't enjoyable. Which is why I joined this forum since we are looking at a CC boat for next season and the FSH hits a lot of those marks.

I agree I believe the FSH gives you the best of both worlds.:cool:

Back