• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH leaning post backrest

JesseP

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Just curious if anyone has come up with a reasonable backrest option for a base model FSH190. I have researched ideas of rod holders and a removable Taco backrest but not sure if it would fit. Thanks

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Cycle springs has one. $600 pics of them.
My Yamaha dealer said he could get the Yamaha ones to retrofit on my 2018 but it would be 900 bucks
if I did it again I would go to Yamaha one these are a little bit of a pain in the ass and you lose a rod holder I just leave one in, 6697DA31-E9E4-4864-B371-5DA611901B61.png81ADAD74-1F7C-47C7-A4EB-4DDB75B00E4E.pngso I can still access the back of the boat without stepping over it

JesseP

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
All good, I think our leaning post are pretty similar, I have the base model and my son loves to sit with me. It makes me nervous when he does, I always have one hand on him and one on the wheel. Single dad struggles:)

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I think he’s asking about the leaning post itself, the base models do not have the flippable backrest. It’s only the bottom cushion.

A while back there was a guy on this board with a Deluxe looking to garage store it, but the door was too short for his because of the leaning post backrest. I’ll have to search for the thread and post a link, I recall there being some potential answers for you in there.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I would ask a welder in the area. They could put a aluminum bar up and across the back for $200 to keep your kid from falling back.
10 years ago when I could not spend that I would get 1.5” pvc pipe and come up and across and back down and use pipe clamps to tie each side to the leaning post legs one up top and one on the bottom each side.

FishingGuy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Just curious if anyone has come up with a reasonable backrest option for a base model FSH190. I have researched ideas of rod holders and a removable Taco backrest but not sure if it would fit. Thanks
Jesse- Old post, did you ever find an option to add the backrest?

JesseP

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
No I didn't find anything, I just used my arm when my son sat with me, now he's 15 and almost as big as me.