• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH Windscreen not quite fitting

Matt Wetzel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Got s a replacement windscreen for my 2017 FSH Deluxe. The port side of the windscreen doesn’t seem to have enough bend in the angle between the front and the port side windscreen. The result is that the windscreen latch housing has been pulled out of the console by the tension of the incomplete angle. I would expect that the angle between the front and sides to be 90 degrees but for the port side it is more than 90 hence the tension.

Obviously i can reattach the Housing to the console but I was wondering if there was a way to give it a little more bend in the windscreen so there is not so much tension on the latch.

thanks all
Matt

John_D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
First question, is it an aftermarket windscreen? If it's a Yamaha replacement it should fit without an issue. If you are experiencing abnormal conditions while or after installation I would contact Yamaha. If you install the windscreen you will no doubt have problems, the stress will be amplified once underway when you encounter rough water or from wave pounding. I would not install it. Contact your dealer.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I would definitely make sure that part is correct. The angle can likely be fixed by carefully heating the corner and adjusting, but if it’s a factory part that shouldn’t be necessary.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not a 100% sure but I believe the 190 and 210 are different? Double check the part number.

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I wouldn't try to heat it up, if damage it you prob wont be able to return it. I would contact who I bought it from, like others said. And prob return the item. But a pic would be helpful.