• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ft Lauderdale International Boat Show who has been

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So the family happens to be going to Disney on the last Sunday of the Ft Lauderdale boat show in November. I'm debating flying in to Ft Lauderdale on Friday morning and going to the boat show and coming back up to Orlando Sunday. I'm looking at the maps and lay outs for it and its a little overwhelming so I'm looking for advice on where to go and what to do. It appears it is spread out through four locations 3 different marina and the convention center. Was it easy to get around to these is there something that can be skipped? Any advise would be helpful. Also should I go down prepared to buy were there deals there that justified that or just use it as a tool to finish making my decision on exactly which boat I want?

I've gone and been in it many times. I can't describe all locations as I've only really explored the large yacht sections. Getting around is super easy via bus and water taxi. The convention center is probably your best bet to see trailer boats and gear.

You might want to make sure Yamaha Watercraft or Riva will be in the show. Sometimes these appearances are not a given.

If Riva is there they will most likely be running a show special. That might save you a few grand but be careful on financing. I'm a born skeptic! Don't forget you'll have to most likely come back down to tow her home...that will cost $.

Thanks for the info. I will look to see if they are going to be there. Really going here to look at a few boats outside of yamaha as well though. Even though we love the Yamahas since we do most of our boating in s coastal environment we have really started looking at some boats more geared towards that type of environment. I figured this may give me an idea of some other stuff out there with so many boat manufacturers there I figured I would be bound to see some stuff I didn't even know was out there.

So the family happens to be going to Disney on the last Sunday of the Ft Lauderdale boat show in November. I'm debating flying in to Ft Lauderdale on Friday morning and going to the boat show and coming back up to Orlando Sunday. I'm looking at the maps and lay outs for it and its a little overwhelming so I'm looking for advice on where to go and what to do. It appears it is spread out through four locations 3 different marina and the convention center. Was it easy to get around to these is there something that can be skipped? Any advise would be helpful. Also should I go down prepared to buy were there deals there that justified that or just use it as a tool to finish making my decision on exactly which boat I want?
@robert843, been to a few, they are very well organised and they have buses or water taxi that shuttle people between locations. There will be a lot to see and you'll be wide open trying to cover it all. Probably best to have an idea and narrow it down in to a category I.E, cruisers, sport boat, sport fisher, sport fisher/cruiser etc and bring a big check book! ;-) Man, it seems like everything is getting outrageously expensive including $18K or more Jet Skies. I am in similar search & decision mode to add a robust support vessel to my 11 foot primary go fast boat with the handle bars. ;-) Who knows, may take trip down as well. Seen some great deal offers in past shows, but keep in mind that most reputable dealers that really want your business will honor so called "Boat show prices and offers" for a period of time after the show, so don't fall for the only today high pressure B.S. tactics.

@robert843, been to a few, they are very well organised and they have buses or water taxi that shuttle people between locations. There will be a lot to see and you'll be wide open trying to cover it all. Probably best to have an idea and narrow it down in to a category I.E, cruisers, sport boat, sport fisher, sport fisher/cruiser etc and bring a big check book! ;-) Man, it seems like everything is getting outrageously expensive including $18K or more Jet Skies. I am in similar search & decision mode to add a robust support vessel to my 11 foot primary go fast boat with the handle bars. ;-) Who knows, may take trip down as well. Seen some great deal offers in past shows, but keep in mind that most reputable dealers that really want your business will honor so called "Boat show prices and offers" for a period of time after the show, so don't fall for the only today high pressure B.S. tactics.

@JROD flights out of Myrtle Beach are only $84 each way if you want to fly down with me. I'm renting a car so that is covered and my wife works for Marriott so I should be able to get hotel rooms for $39

@JROD flights out of Myrtle Beach are only $84 each way if you want to fly down with me. I'm renting a car so that is covered and my wife works for Marriott so I should be able to get hotel rooms for $39
@robert843, that sounds great! Thanks! If I don't end up buying something before the show, I'll definately go down with you.

Back