• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fuel Consumption

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Once again, it really makes me angry when reps start saying what ever they have to make a sale. As others have stated you most certainly have to count the trailer! And fuel in the boat, and gear, and people in your vehicle besides the driver, and anything else that is weight to either the boat or the vehicle it's self.

AmyB

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thank you everyone for your honest feedback! The gas station is a mile and the marina is only 3miles, so I won't be driving very far for either of those.
Will try to get some dock space eventually. So tired of getting jerked around... Now he is telling me the demo boat is off the market, but they have a used one with 10hrs on It that someone returned. Why would they accept a returned boat or rather buy it back from the guy? How do I know it wasn't returned bc of defect?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you everyone for your honest feedback! The gas station is a mile and the marina is only 3miles, so I won't be driving very far for either of those.
Will try to get some dock space eventually. So tired of getting jerked around... Now he is telling me the demo boat is off the market, but they have a used one with 10hrs on It that someone returned. Why would they accept a returned boat or rather buy it back from the guy? How do I know it wasn't returned bc of defect?
Move on.

Find another Scarab dealer or look into Yamaha before you return to that dealer. You know that saying... Fool me once......

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@AmyB .......... So glad you found us. Jet-powered boats are so very kewl !
Hoping you find what satisfies you, and you stay here quite awhile.
Sincere Best Wishes in your hunt ...... and as you might imagine, I am partial to Yamaha !
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Oh yeah ........... By the way ............
+             CartoonWelcomeAboard 95 - AmyB.jpg

AmyB

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yeah I'm moving on! Another boat will come along, even if I have to wait until next year (definitely don't want to pay full price for a 2015). I will check a few other marinas tomorrow...

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I was shopping for a camper a few years ago I was amazed at what the salesmen would tell me. I had one swearing up and down that my 1/2 ton short bed truck would be fine pulling a 14,000lb fifthwheel toy hauler!

Brendon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Other
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Other
That return has my attention. I didnt think you could actually return a boat to a dealership unless there was something seriously wrong.... 0.o

As for the towing: Dont ever listen to what the dealership says. Salesmen are the most crooked people you'll ever meet. Yes of course the trailer weight matters. If you towed a stuffed animal on a 20ft trailer made of solid cast iron you couldn't make it out of the driveway.

HOWEVER, Everything is engineered with something called a factor of safety, meaning that if designed for 3500lbs it wouldnt actually break until double to triple the weight. You'd be perfectly fine towing a couple miles only a few hundred pounds over, but I definitely wouldn't go more than the few miles to the gas station or dock though. Just go slow and allow yourself plenty of braking room. Semi's take forever to accelerate so really your main concern would be braking. And you could also have them slide the winch post back a foot or so to reduce the tongue weight a bit.
]

Gas mileage wise Id say also have a look on Boattest, their review has the numbers

Last edited:

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The tow rating on a vehicle is not based on the hitch class so changing the hitch doesn't do anything for the max. rating of your SUV/truck.

Brendon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Other
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Other
Oh yeah looks like its already at its limit. I was thinking the gvwr allowed it to go up to 5k.

Last edited: