• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fuel leak at the fuel pump connection

Keller90

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have had this boat for a couple years but just recently discovered the plug that drains the fuel tank compartment. When we opened it up there was a lot of liquid, water and gas mix. We were alarmed at finding gas draining from here so we did a lot of investigating. We could not tell where the gas was coming from but washed the area thoroughly, tightened several clamps and fittings and then took the boat out again today. The result was the same, a lot of gas drained from the same area so we removed the hatch cover again right after leaving the water and could see fuel leaking from the area around the ring at the top of one fuel pump. I have a few questions someone here might be able to answer. We opened up the ring to the fuel pump to check out the seal. There is one there at the top of the pump (we plan on replacing it). The connection to the hose that runs to the engine seems to be a little loose also but is not the type you can tighten (maybe a quick connect of some kind?). Can you replace just this connection? I can't find the part # for just this connection. Can it be tightened? I didn't want to mess with it too much as I don't want to break it, it has a little red piece around it but it doesn't come together and lock as I would imagine it should. Lastly, can I remove this hose to pull out the fuel pump to check the filter without gas squirting out everywhere? The tank is about half full of fuel right now. Is it ok to work on the fuel pump with gas in the tank? Sorry if these are dumb questions I just can't find any videos or photos and have not really worked on boats much. Thanks for any help you are able to give!