• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fuel type for supercharged 2015 ar192 engines

xedelatorre

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys, since the 2015 ar192 has a super charged engine, I have a question that has been asked many times before, however, doesnt hurt to clarify, as a diligent reader of my owner's manual, the manual clearly states to use fuel with a minimu octane level of 87, however, it doesnt mention if/what are the risks of using higher octane level gas. My instinct tells me that the higher the octane de better for our engines.

Please advise what fuel type you use on your ar192s with supercharged engines.

Grade Octane Level
Regular 87 octane RegularClean
Mid-grade 89 octane PlusClean
Premium 91 octane SuperClean™

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I tried 87-93, ethanol and non-ethanol. They all seemed to run about the same. My best top speed was with 87 octane with 10% ethanol. It's also the cheapest, so that's what I run.

These engines are low compression / low boost. They also have a VERY conservative tune with many safeguards in the factory tune. There is no benefit to run higher octane.

Before storing for winter, I do fill up with non-ethanol 93 and add fuel stabilizer for storage. We have had the boat out 3 times this summer, and I'm still on the tank of 93. Boat is running great.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Octane only serves to prevent fuel from igniting before the engine has completed it's compression stroke. Engines are engineered for this so if you are putting high octane fuel in an engine that does not require it, you are doing nothing but pissing money away. The stock 192 does not have high enough compression to utilize high octane fuel. The only benefit to using a high octane fuel in our boats would be that some premium fuels are ethanol free which is better if you are going to be storing your boat with fuel in it for a while. Be sure to check though because not all premium fuel is ethanol free (at least not in my area).