• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Full fuel on a 2108 242x at 90%

Kevin-yyz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’ve filled up 3 times now and after each time it reads 90% on connext while floating. Is this normal?

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Legend has it that accurate fuel reading is on plane not while floating

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd rather have it read 90% when I'm full than 10% when I'm empty.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Mine reads the same. I topped it off all the way to see what it would do, it’s like 86% floating on the water, 100% on plane.

Kevin-yyz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
ok, its the same for me. When I get on plane just after filling it goes to 100%, however if i’m showing 40% fuel at float and then fill up, I will uplift within a small margin of what I am expecting to.

dietz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
2017 X shows 100%

Dwrat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm sure it's a simple float adjustment.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm sure it's a simple float adjustment.
I guess fill the fuel, pull the tank cover and remove the sender and see if it is in fact full, then adjust the sender till it is reading full.
Just make sure the top of tank is level
Shouldn't be hard to do at all

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Mine shows 100% no matter what when I fill up. Just filled up actually and I was 10% floating and around 25% on plane. Took 40 gallons to fill up so I was around 20% full....

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have ~15% delta from my on-plane reading to float reading. Might be some variability in how boats are loaded (I've got a bunch of crap including two anchors in forward storage). For me, on-plane is accurate.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have ~15% delta from my on-plane reading to float reading. Might be some variability in how boats are loaded (I've got a bunch of crap including two anchors in forward storage). For me, on-plane is accurate.
That's right. Most all these boats do exactly that.
The annoying part is, coming off plane you can get that stupid recurrent low fuel alarm... with over 10gal in the tank.

--

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Mine seems to read pretty a curate floating and will add when on a plane. I always attributed this to the assumption that the float is likely in the rear of the tank and when on plane there's more lift to the bow. I base my floating percentage full based on the trip computer. I reset it at each tank and what the computer shows is pretty close to the gauge level.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's right. Most all these boats do exactly that.
The annoying part is, coming off plane you can get that stupid recurrent low fuel alarm... with over 10gal in the tank.

--
Connext was showing me 0% last outing as I came off plane, boat only took 41 gallons.

Kevin-yyz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Good to know. I let mine go to 0% at float , on plane it was showing 15-20%. Going in for service tomorrow, I'll update when I fill it up.

Kevin-yyz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Filled up today at on the trailer, slightly bow down. Was showing 0% on the water at float. uplifted 40.5 USgal. After I put the boat in the water it showed 95% full at float .

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Definitely should have been 100%. After that no matter what

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
When connected to tow vehicle the boat fuel tank is not level and does not fill up completely. Next trip out fill up on the way home and then unhook from your tow vehicle and crank the jack down as low as you can. You will be able to put another 4 to 5 gallons of fuel in and on the next trip you will see 100% of fuel on your connext screen or gauge even when sitting still and your trip range will be greater too.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When connected to tow vehicle the boat fuel tank is not level and does not fill up completely. Next trip out fill up on the way home and then unhook from your tow vehicle and crank the jack down as low as you can. You will be able to put another 4 to 5 gallons of fuel in and on the next trip you will see 100% of fuel on your connext screen or gauge even when sitting still and your trip range will be greater too.
I do not believe this is the case [EDIT: in most boats]. The filler hose enters the fuel tank in the rear but the air vent is mounted smack in the center, on top of the tank. Unless you are talking some extreme angles, there is not room to trap 4-5 gallons of air, assuming everything in good working condition.

Depending on how your trailer sits on the tow hitch and how the boat sits on the trailer topping off could lead to overfilling, not ideal, for various reasons. I would be worried about fouling the vapor canister/trap, or worse.

--

Last edited:

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I came in on 10% today and my fuel used says 55.6 gallons used. So evidently I don't need to add that extra fuel to get my 50 gallons. To much work anyways. Thanks for the warnings.