• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fumoto oil valves?

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone tried to use these? Rather than sucking all (most) of the oil out of the mr1, a fumoto valve with a hose plug could be used to drain the bottom? Would that drain the tank too?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is the hose small enough to fit through the small Yamaha drain plug hole?

I believe my Raptor engine has a hose for draining through the drain plug but the engine is much closer to the transom and easier to access than it may be with a Yamaha. I'm guessing you would need the hose to be long enough to go from engine to bilge but also need to be above the oil pan when stowed/not used for draining.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was looking at them last night, they've got a super compact for bikes. It's got a little nipple for a house that's probably 3/8".

Getting every last drop out might be a pain. I was thinking I would run the house out and up to the deck, so at some point there won't be enough pressure to force it up. I suppose for that last bit a little collector in the bottom of the bilge would need to be used., but the majority could likely be removed on the deck.

ctyke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was looking at them last night, they've got a super compact for bikes. It's got a little nipple for a house that's probably 3/8".

Getting every last drop out might be a pain. I was thinking I would run the house out and up to the deck, so at some point there won't be enough pressure to force it up. I suppose for that last bit a little collector in the bottom of the bilge would need to be used., but the majority could likely be removed on the deck.
My Mastercraft, which is for sale, that my new yamaha is replacing has a long hose hooked up to the oil drain with a brass cap. To change the oil, I put the hose down the drain plug hole, unscrew the brass cap, and put into a plastic jug. There is no valve, only the hose and brass cap. Wonder if that would work? I don't have my boat yet, so not sure if I could route it into the drain plug hole.

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have always thought this was a good idea. M8 is the thread size of the MR1, I believe.

I think the consensus was that draining the oil completely was not needed based on everyone’s experience my boat and yours are over 12 years old and the engines run like tops! These engines are bulletproof and are pampered running under 10K RPM.
So it was not a popular mod.

Here is the thread discussing this mod on the name never to be mentioned on this Fourm Name never to be mentioned in this Forum Link

Last edited:

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, the reason people likely aren't doing it they don't make a valve for m8 threads. Oh well.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Someone on the forum attempted an oil draining system from that bolt. IIRC it was a pretty slick setup. Not sure whatever came of it. I drain mine from that bolt as well. Sure it may not be necessary, but no idea what kind of oil was used by the PO and I have a mysterious oil leak I can't find. So figured I'd rather get all the oil out and start from scratch. It's nice pulling the dipstick and still seeing clean oil even after a couple trips out on it.

Last edited: