• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fusion or kicker?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve been reading tons of reviews online for the money I’m btw these two name brands. I’d love JL Audio but out of my budget. I want a decent sound that’s gonna last in salt. I loved my polks but we all know they won’t hold up. Thanks.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I went rockford fosgate. Always felt like they were higher quality than kicker...

zrated512

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check out creativeaudio.com

Can get some pretty decent deals on there

Meetball

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
i went high end kicker for inside speakers but going wetsounds on tower and jl subs. all powered on jl but the wetsounds.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not gonna put in any subs. But I am gonna switch out the 4 stock speakers for 6 decent ones and a amp and will prolly add 2 more later.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Fusion makes some great marine headunits so it is feasible that fusion speakers will also hold up well in a Marine environment.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Love my fusion head unit. ... but it really needs an amp.. some have a built in amp but it needs an external to really make it work well.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just ordered 6 kickers. Anything will be a huge improvement over stock.

zrated512

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just ordered 6 kickers. Anything will be a huge improvement over stock.
My buddy has kickers in his Bennington tri-toon and they sound really good. One thing to remember is boat stereos are in the open. All you need is a good speaker that has the ability to get loud/take power, IMO. The kickers will do just that.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I replaced my stock speakers with four 7 inch fusions and a fusion head unit and a small Kenwood amp. Had it for a few years and it sounds great. The speakers even came with 3 different grills if you want to change the look.

ks9mm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So how did it work out for you?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought two more. I have 8 without a amp and they sound amazing. Since the season came to a end I pulled the stereo out to have it replaced bc it would get condensation in it. I had to pull the swim deck speakers out to get to the stereo. There wasn’t any corrosion on there back of the speakers. They still looked new. I only boat in salt water.