• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fusion RA770

2019se

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Does anyone know if the connext screen will still work with the fusion 770 on a 2019?

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
Does anyone know if the connext screen will still work with the fusion 770 on a 2019?
Fusion would become your main source and completely bypass Connext for music. I have not read anywhere where Connext works in tandem.

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
is the factory head unit a ms-ra70nsx? i don't remember anyone with sim year changing fusion models, and i didn't look up the ra770 specs, but i'm thinking it would work if it has nmea2000 port. i think the head unit is just communicating with the 'remote' (connext screen) thru the nmea2000 connection.

2019se

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thank you both.
Yes, it's the ra 70n currently. I called both yamaha and garmin today and it's still a crap shoot. Yamaha said call a dealer and my dealer was unsure. Said I may need a new remote which means no connext. Garmin originally said it would work but then talked to a couple coworkers and came back unsure stating yamaha only contracted the 70n so he was going to do some digging and get back to me.

Spending a lot of $$ on audio upgrades this year so I guess if I have to spend a few hundred more than originally planned on a fusion remote for the helm so be it. It's only $$ right! Smh. Fucking yamaha.

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

2019se

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks! That's helpful.

Just personal preference I guess. It does have more zones. Built in DSP I can set through the app ect. I prefer the color display, like the album art. Things that don't matter to everyone.

2019se

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Would like to get away from the line level input to the amp the stock system has as well though I could just buy a new wiring harness for that.

NJboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In planning a similar install at the moment. I was told by another forum member that you must keep the remote at the swim deck hooked up to avoid connect error messages.

Planning to install the RA770 at the helm, ERX400 at the swim deck, JL MV800/8i for an amp, JL M6 swaps for the 6 existing speakers + add a 10” M6 sub under the rear starboard seat. Take some pics of your set up..would love to see them!

2019se

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Will do!

Replacing the 6 WS 6.5 with JL m6 7.7s. Adding a 4th set of 7.7. One next to the captins seat and the other next to the co-captins seat. Replacing the WS 10in sub with the JL m6 10in. Powering with the 800/8 (already in the boat) and the 700/5. All speakers/sub are the RGB version.

And then maybe the 770 on the swim deck and the erx400 at the helm. We will see on this one....

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
here's some chatter about the system..

@212s comment about it being a proprietary protocol version of 2k, but connext translating it...

curious what the 770 gets you? better interface? more zones? what's the reason/goal in swapping it out?

hopefully garmin reaches back to you with an answer
I think the audio is normal nmea2k, while the rest of the system is a proprietary protocol, like the engine data. I'm not positive, but I think any 2k compatible radio should work with the Connext screen if it uses a 2k connector/network. I don't think Fusion would modify just for Yamaha. Easy test if everything is pulled out, is to just unplug and plug in the new radio unit to see if it works with the Connext.

I only use the Connext and Joystick while driving for volume now. When floating, I use the Fusion app on my phone connected via bluetooth - wireless and saves battery with less draw as the Connext screen is off.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
When I bought my RA70NSX, I figured out that N - NMEA and X was Sirius XM. So either one should have NMEA. Most had agreed, the connectivity was through NMEA.

2019se

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks! It's at the shop now getting everything installed so I will know soon. However, I doubt it will be plug and play. I'll either have to stay with the stock fusion or add a remote at the helm and bypass the connext.

alain Ganamet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks! It's at the shop now getting everything installed so I will know soon. However, I doubt it will be plug and play. I'll either have to stay with the stock fusion or add a remote at the helm and bypass the connext.
Any updates 2019se ? I am also on the fence for a RA-770 for the additional zones.

2019se

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yep. So....the 770 will talk to the connext, but the connext won't talk back....if that makes sense. Track, artist ect. All displays on the connext screen. Volume level also moves when you change the volume on the 770. But the connext won't control the 770. I ended up putting in the remote in at the helm. Here are a few pics of the finished product. Please excuse the dirty ass deck. Havent had a chance to clean it yet. 1000000810.jpg1000000793.jpg1000000789.jpg1000000808.jpg1000000805.jpg1000000776.jpg