• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Future owner

yellowapple

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Hey, guys,

First post, maybe a jet boat in the coming months ;) What can you recommend for family boating and sport ?
The goal will be the Mediterranean Sea in Spain but protected in a peninsula. In Europe, the amount of jet boat are very limited, I suppose that it will be more complicated to find mechanical expert but I'm quite handy. My first target was a Scarab 195 or a Yamaha 210.

Thank you for your help.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd stick with a Yamaha if you want a jet. The primary reason is reliability. I've had my SX230 for about 8 years with nary a problem. Just an annual oil and spark plug change. Other than meticulous cleaning/waxing, that is about it. Turn the key and off you go.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hey, guys,

First post, maybe a jet boat in the coming months ;) What can you recommend for family boating and sport ?
The goal will be the Mediterranean Sea in Spain but protected in a peninsula. In Europe, the amount of jet boat are very limited, I suppose that it will be more complicated to find mechanical expert but I'm quite handy. My first target was a Scarab 195 or a Yamaha 210.

Thank you for your help.
Welcome to the boards where you will find your answer! IMHO go out do numerous walk arounds with the family on different types and lengths of the jet boats. This will help you and your family make a consensus decision on what works for you and yours. Some folks prefer the layouts on the Scarabs and Chaps, most of us Yamaha owners enjoy the layout on our boats. In our search we found the Scarabs and Chaps had features that were upgrades in appearance, upholstery, and other things. But in the end the value and reliablity of the Yamaha brought us back. Have fun visit a dealer or 2 if you are lucky enough to have some close.

yellowapple

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Hello, thank you for your replies. This is my first boat, I don't know what to check mechanically. I've found a 2008 AR210 already in spain but what do I have to ask first ? Maintenance records ? Engine hours ? ...

pmustico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Hey, guys,

Thank you for your help.
Welcome! I like the Yamaha but it comes to personal choice. Good luck!

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome.
I prefer the Yamaha (as you can see). However, the one advantage, I believe, that the Scarab has over the Yamaha for salt water is the closed coolant system. While I could be wrong, and please, anyone feel free to correct me, is that the Yamahas use the "lake, ocean, river" water to cool the system. Scarab uses the "Seadoo" design which is a closed system and I believe would be less of a hassle in salt water.

There are plenty of Scarab guys on here who would be able to answer that side better than I.

Oh, and...