• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Garage dimensions to fit 242 LS E series

BareHand42Style

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Anybody able to successfully get the 2016 242 limited s e series with a tower into a garage. If so, what is the garage door dimensions. I'm buying a new home and it has an external garage built but I have the ability to change a door size. I know I need at least 25' to get it in length wise due to the folding trailer tongue. I'm interested in how high do I need to have for head height if I collapse the tower

USN SCPO RET

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My 2016 242 LS sits so high on the trailer i never attempted to try the garage. I cant even get it under my car port. I have to put mine in my shop. I have 10ft high doors and I still have to fold the tower due to the light on top. Its about 2 inches too tall.
With that in mind I fold the tower every time...that's gets old after awhile. I used to know the height with the tower folded...I have to look for it.

BareHand42Style

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah I plan on folding it as well. But you said with 10' doors you have 2" to spare. Is that folded

rsrlegends

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The specs show the height on trailer is 131" and height on trailer with the tower folded 120".
A 10' door may not be tall enough.

BareHand42Style

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
so the current 7' door aint gonna work. Time to break out the sawzall lol

USN SCPO RET

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The specs show the height on trailer is 131" and height on trailer with the tower folded 120".
A 10' door may not be tall enough.
So yeah, about that... my bad...12 feet high 10 feet wide.

t.gordon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Door needs to be ten feet high min. You will need to fold the tower and have somebody in the boat to swivel the rack because of garage door openers. My 13 year old is the designated swiveler.