• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Garmin echomap 93sv on 210FSH

EHudson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The boat that I purchased had this unit already installed. I want to add the transducer for the side view and down view Imaging. Has anyone done this and did you go with a thru hull or transom-mount? Thanks in advance.

jaysen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
is there already a transducer mounted? I have the same unit and the supplied transducer does side and down view. there are many posts here with different mounting options.

EHudson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It has the in-hull transducer mounted but it doesn't support the side or down vu. I have been told I have to add a transom mounted transducer to get these functions And that I would actually need 2 of them as only using 1 would provide only one side view due to available mounting location. Also told that I can't use a thru-hull transducer on the 210. So confusing!

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You can use a thru-hull ducer, I had one on my FSH 190 and thru-hull is the prefered method for the most accurate readings. You do not have to get 2 ducers (1 for each side) for the side view. That option does exist and it is the prefered configuration for the most accurate readings (also thru-hull); however, a single transom mount side view ducer will get the job done reading both sides (how well it does is debatable).

EHudson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I was told you couldn't use the thru hull with the articulating keel? It doesn't seem the dealers know what they are talking about. I'm very confused

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yeah, whomever you talked to doesn't know what they are talking about. What would the articulating keel (aft of the boat) have anything to do with a thru-hull ducer (forward of the stern)???? Might I ask the location (state) the dealers you've spoken to are in?

IF anything...a transom mount ducer would present more problems due to the articulating keel and jet wash. The dealer clearly doesn't know his elbow from his @$$hole.

EHudson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Haha! I'm in GA. They said the thru hull transducers don't work with Yamaha boats. I will now reach out to other dealers bases on this thread!

MIZZOU

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
EHudson. I just bought the same unit for my 210. Let me know where you ended up installing. I talked to 2 installers and got 2 different answers. Both swearing they had the only solution. One said ride plate thru transom and the other said buy a puck and put it in hull. I like the idea of no new holes. Have you found any pictures of in hull location ?

EHudson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I talked to another company this week He suggested 2 transom mount transducers if I want both sides of the Sidevu to work. I haven't been offered the puck option. I currently have the in-hull transducer for the traditional sonar and it works great. I don't love that everyone has a different answer!

HABANEROTE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It has the in-hull transducer mounted but it doesn't support the side or down vu. I have been told I have to add a transom mounted transducer to get these functions And that I would actually need 2 of them as only using 1 would provide only one side view due to available mounting location. Also told that I can't use a thru-hull transducer on the 210. So confusing!
I have one of this in hull transducer... and l want to know the location yours is mounted.... can you send me a pic or if is too much to ask at least explain the location they installed it...?

Thank you!

EHudson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have one of this in hull transducer... and l want to know the location yours is mounted.... can you send me a pic or if is too much to ask at least explain the location they installed it...?

Thank you!
I will have to try and locate it. It was already installed when I purchased the boat so I've never gone looking for it.

HABANEROTE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Should be around the bilge pump.... Thank you!

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
FWIW - I have a 7 inch Garmin on my FSH 190; it was installed here in Savannah (you mentioned GA). Mine has two transducers (through hull and transom mounted), and it works well.

This is what I have: Garmin 7607xsv with B619 Thru-Hull Transducer and GT30-TM Transom Mount for DownVu/SideVu