• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gasket came Off

Scoop

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
33E67A5D-9B9A-4A23-8867-3F2E363C7D1A.jpeg F33CB8B9-7171-4106-8E4F-4EA1E1C7ABDA.jpeg While flushing my starboard engine I noticed a little piece of form a gasket poking out of one of the water discharge points under the rear deck. The gasket was split in half and came off. See pictures. I was pulling the boat out so no rush to get it replaced but I was wondering what it does and how criticaL is it.

The pictures show the gasket and the black rubber covered hole that it came out of.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is like the 3rd thread in a week I think :D

Super critical. It's from your piston. Yamaha used silicone for the rings instead of metal. Lighter weight. I guess yours fell out because it was lighter than the others. Gonna need a whole new boat now.

Yes I'm joking. It's normal. They all do it when new.

Scoop

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Not very helpful but if it makes you feel good I guess it’s ok.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Huh? read my post again and try not to be so serious. I'm probably one of the most helpful people on here or at least I try to be.

Here if you want it cut and dry... It's leftover silicone spluge that comes off from the exhaust. It is not critical. Every new Yamaha spits out this leftover silicone and has for years. Consider it your right of new Yamaha ownership.

Hope that was better and you can relax and learn to laugh a little.

Last edited:

Scoop

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Thank you. FWIW all I saw was the top of your post. There is a big blank area in your post and I did not see the actual answer. Makes sense now.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes that was the punch line at the bottom. :D

I was like wtf is this guy getting bent at me?? The gasket is an old joke around here. I was just poking some fun. It's not critical and your boat is just fine. Part of owning a new Yamaha.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
looks like extra sealant that was from the original install.

Scoop

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the help.:
Yes that was the punch line at the bottom. :D

I was like wtf is this guy getting bent at me?? The gasket is an old joke around here. I was just poking some fun. It's not critical and your boat is just fine. Part of owning a new Yamaha.

Ok I get it. Being new I had no idea what you were talking about and the serious portion of your reply blends in with signature line so I missed it. Thanks Guys. :)