• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gasparilla Tampa Bay Pirate Invasion

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone planing to attend the Gasparilla Pirate invasion this year? I know @chris24 did it last year. I have looked at it for a few years and have though about going down for it but figured I would see if anyone else was planing on going? Below is a link to the site and info it looks like a fun weekend.

http://gasparillapiratefest.com/GPF_home.html

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@tim h I know that's your backyard have you been before? Is it worth the 8 hour tow for the weekend? Also I thought about bring a friends family with his kids is that s bad idea should I just make it a guys trip?

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I missed going last year due to just moving down here...

The kids' Gasparilla event is held the week prior to the Adult Parade !!

Some neighbor kids went (with their parents) to the adult one and said they shouldn't have been there... pretty wild I guess

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I missed going last year due to just moving down here...

The kids' Gasparilla event is held the week prior to the Adult Parade !!

Some neighbor kids went (with their parents) to the adult one and said they shouldn't have been there... pretty wild I guess
Thanks if they did the invasion by water during the kids weekend I might have considered going that weekend. Oh well I guess it will just have to be a guys weekend I think we can handle wild :jimlad:

Jerry Ferrera

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am if I'm not working. Did it last year in our SX190 and had a blast. I would love to have a group of us out this time.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Haha! @robert843 you must have read my mind. I'm actually in process of researching what it is. I have never heard of it before now. Looks interesting & definitely doable.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@robert843 I'm interested if it fits my work schedule, especially since I have a place to stay in Clearwater.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@tim h any recommendations on places to launch for this or possibly any Marinas that might have slip space available for that weekend? Do you plan to Launch and pull that same day or will you be keeping it in the water?

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I asked around and the Marriott has slips. But I haven't called for availability... Rooms were about 200.

Jerry Ferrera

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Last year I launched from MacDill AFB, if we have a group we may be able to car pool in. Follow around from the boat ramp and you are there. The only issue is getting on post unaccompanied.
You may have to invite your annoying relative who has access.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last year I launched from MacDill AFB, if we have a group we may be able to car pool in. Follow around from the boat ramp and you are there. The only issue is getting on post unaccompanied.
You may have to invite your annoying relative who has access.
@Jerry Ferrera Does any branch of military relative work and do they need to be active?

Jerry Ferrera

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Any branch as long as they are either retired, reserve, or active with US Military.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any branch as long as they are either retired, reserve, or active with US Military.
Thanks I might be able to pull that off. Will they allow overnight parking there?

Jerry Ferrera

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They have a large RV parking area but you must call ahead and reserve your space. The only draw back is you must follow the channel markers or you will be stopped and ticketed by the Security Police patrol boat. The will stalk you if you get close to the off limite boundaries.

BigJay17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We should make it a big jet boat gathering. .

Randall

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@tim h any recommendations on places to launch for this or possibly any Marinas that might have slip space available for that weekend? Do you plan to Launch and pull that same day or will you be keeping it in the water?
I've been in Tampa for a little more than a year, but just bought an SX190, and want to experience this event. I've launched from Phillipe Park in Safety Harbor, and it's really friendly. I've seen the launch at Fort Desoto Park, and there are at least a dozen ramps there, so that's probably the way to go.