• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gasparilla Tampa Bay Pirate Invasion

Jerry Ferrera

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Have made that trip from Ft desoto boat ramp to the area the boat sets off from? It is a long trip.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm still waiting to see if my schedule pans out for it. I'm in as long as my work schedule allows

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm still waiting to see if my schedule pans out for it. I'm in as long as my work schedule allows
That's kinda the same guidelines I'm going by too. Y'all looking at trying to go down for the main event or trying to make a weekend trip out of it exploring the bay too?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's kinda the same guidelines I'm going by too. Y'all looking at trying to go down for the main event or trying to make a weekend trip out of it exploring the bay too?
My plan if I can make it work is to Leave SC either around 5pm Thursday or early Friday Morning and be in Tampa sometime Friday. I will return Sunday So probably only be on the water only Saturday or if there ealry enough dump the boat in Friday and leave it on the water.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@robert843 Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make this gathering, damn work is getting in the way. Hope you guys have a blast and we will catch you next time.

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So this is January 30th. 2016?

If I don't get my WOILE school...I'll be there

chris24

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I'm in. I'm just now getting my krew together.
I participated in the invasion last year. If anybody has any questions just ask.

Jerry Ferrera

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Has anyone made any attempts to secure a meeting place as of yet

Jerry Ferrera

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We are planning on either putting in at MacDill AFB or lowery park boat ramp depending on the time of day. We better get started early to find a great place to tie up together for the boat invasion. If you wait out in the bay for the pirate ship you won't have any space to tie off and party.

Jerry Ferrera

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you are going to the event please send me a mes to assist with coordination.

chris24

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I'm going out in the Bay where the pirate ship is early in the morning where there's thousands of boats out there partying out in the bay and then we come in with the pirate ship for the invasion.
It is true if you do this you won't have a good day tie off spot to party.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I won't be able to make this trip. Unfortunately up in SC working & won't make it home in time.

Jerry Ferrera

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes the invasion fleet comes in with the pirate ship but by the time they come in every spot is taken up and the police are out in full force. You really want to get a group of us to tie off together and make a part barge on one of the sea walls just outside of thee hospital area around the harbor island area. Send me a private mes and I'll give you my number. Hopefully we can get at least 5 of us to make a clean party area for us.

Jerry Ferrera

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've been in Tampa for a little more than a year, but just bought an SX190, and want to experience this event. I've launched from Phillipe Park in Safety Harbor, and it's really friendly. I've seen the launch at Fort Desoto Park, and there are at least a dozen ramps there, so that's probably the way to go.
Heads up we are planning on do the boat invasion this weekend are you in? If so private mes me and I'll send u my number