• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gasparilla Pirate Fest 2020

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Gasparilla is Jan.25th. Went last year for the first time to partake in the invasion. Had a fantastic time. It was a cold 52° which kept many boaters home but temps this year supposed to be 62° but with 14 mph winds. It'll be warmer but rough getting there. Should be packed; we'll see. Looking forward to it.

Let me know if you're going. We'll keep an eye out for ya!

1579525926694.png

This was us last year
1579526534578.png
1579526668904.png

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey Dean, I keep waffling back and forth between going and not going. I’ve only owned my boat for a few weeks and wanted to get some more time under my belt before I took it on. Been keeping an eye on the weather though, supposed to still be chilly. You mind sharing any of your prep work/experience that you’ve done for it? I’d like to do it at least once, maybe next year.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hey Dean, I keep waffling back and forth between going and not going. I’ve only owned my boat for a few weeks and wanted to get some more time under my belt before I took it on. Been keeping an eye on the weather though, supposed to still be chilly. You mind sharing any of your prep work/experience that you’ve done for it? I’d like to do it at least once, maybe next year.
Congrats on the new boat! What did you get?

We went for the first time last year and had a blast. My chap made super easy to get around and was a dream to drive.

Not knowing your boating experience/history, I would suggest skipping this year. Going to be a lot more boat this year than last year; mainly cause it'll be much warmer. Last year was 51°. This year should be about 64° and winds at 12mph. It'll be rough getting over there (for me).

Prep? Food, drinks, cups, bucket (to pee or whatever), towels, pirate flags, costumes, beads, like minded friends, patience, a keen eye and a full tank of gas.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat! What did you get?

We went for the first time last year and had a blast. My chap made super easy to get around and was a dream to drive.

Not knowing your boating experience/history, I would suggest skipping this year. Going to be a lot more boat this year than last year; mainly cause it'll be much warmer. Last year was 51°. This year should be about 64° and winds at 12mph. It'll be rough getting over there (for me).

Prep? Food, drinks, cups, bucket (to pee or whatever), towels, pirate flags, costumes, beads, like minded friends, patience, a keen eye and a full tank of gas.
I've got an 08 SX230 HO. Pretty much new, only had 92 hours on it when purchased. It's funny you mention the bucket, it's got a head and my rule is "no using the head unless you're gonna end up in the hospital if you don't" but have considered that this would probably be the only exception lol. The rest seems pretty standard, but like you said - there's a bunch of boats out there and I'd like to have a few more hours under my belt. This is the first boat I've ever owned.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I've got an 08 SX230 HO. Pretty much new, only had 92 hours on it when purchased. It's funny you mention the bucket, it's got a head and my rule is "no using the head unless you're gonna end up in the hospital if you don't" but have considered that this would probably be the only exception lol. The rest seems pretty standard, but like you said - there's a bunch of boats out there and I'd like to have a few more hours under my belt. This is the first boat I've ever owned.
Cool! :Welcome: to the forum! Great people here to help keep you safe and on the water.

If you go next year, please invest in the Cobra Fins. These will help steer you at low speeds (VERY important).

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cool! :Welcome: to the forum! Great people here to help keep you safe and on the water.

If you go next year, please invest in the Cobra Fins. These will help steer you at low speeds (VERY important).
Thanks, mine came with thrust vectors. I would be interested in the laterals, but the captain is definitely the limiting factor currently lol.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
OMG!!! What a b-e-a-u-tiful day. Not a cloud in the sky, the temp was great 64° and the wind was fine 9-11mph (trim tabs are awesome). The pirate ship left on time at 11:30; we got there for 11. Not sure how many boats but there was a lot (although it didn't appear to be as many as last year - IDK). Enjoy some pics/vids below. Looking forward to next year...

Here, here and here are some (short) videos. Turn down your volume - loud music playing...

IMG_1155.jpgIMG_1158.jpgIMG_1160.jpgIMG_1161.jpgIMG_1163.jpg1580134167535.pngIMG_1170.jpgIMG_1178.jpg

Attachments