• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gelcoat color matching 2022 AR210 (blue/white color combo)

bradmartin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone know who to contact or how to find the correct gelcoat color to repair some dings in the gelcoat on the 2022 AR210 (blue/white color combo)?

Will be my first time making such repairs and want to be sure I have the right tools/supplies to do the job correctly. I've watched numerous videos on YouTube and it seems fairly straightforward, only thing I'm unsure of is the color so any tips or info on how to get the right colors for the blue and the white (for future use) or any other resources you like in this regard are much appreciated.

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

bradmartin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Yamaha website has
Seaglass Gray,Yacht Blue
listed as the exterior colors for the 2022 AR210. Which Spectrum has for the yamahas up to 2021, so assuming they'll update their catalog to include '22 soon.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If it is yacht blue then it would be the same for multiple years. For instance on my boat, I use Yacht Blue, which is a 2020. You need to call them. Sometimes the site won't update for quite some time.

bradmartin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks, I'm going to call tomorrow since I don't see the "Seaglass Gray" on Spectrums website.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks, I'm going to call tomorrow since I don't see the "Seaglass Gray" on Spectrums website.
Also, it only keeps for 6-9 months or so I have been told. I used mine after a year and it worked great. Anyhow, the gel coat patch has a shelf life.

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Also, if your specified color is not exact when you receive it, it could be the color is slightly off from the factory. I had to order spectrums field adjustment kit to get my color just right.

bradmartin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just an FYI for anyone stumbling on this. So you don't technically order via Spectrum unless you're a retail dealer (you can but it's more expensive to order from them). Took some phone tag at Spectrum but finally was told to just go to iboats.com and find it there. I look and iboats.com did indeed have the 2022 Yamaha Seaglass Gray listed (Spectrum doesn't have it cataloged on their website).

Long story short, use iboats.com to order the spectrum gelcoats.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When you select purchase at spectrum it redirects you to iBoat.com with the specific item. For questions call spectrum, they are the MFG. iBoats is just an eCommerce site. It has been that way for quite some time.

bradmartin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For sure. Spectrums website is just a mess though :) doesn't even have some colors listed but iBoats.com has the spectrum colors. So just heads up that Spectrum doesn't maintain their site catalog very often is all. That's why I was unable to find what I needed since they actually have "Seaglass Gray" but don't maintain their catalog so you can't go that route for some colors it would seem.

It was just way easier to go to iBoats.com, search and order. That's all for future reference, would have saved me a little bit of headache and frustration trying to explain to Spectrum customer support that their site doesn't have the color listed but iBoats does have their product and the year correctly listed is all. Confusing hopping between vendor/supplier. Good info all around though for future repairs.

Tomkirby

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can you share what white you used? I need white for a 2022 AR195. The super jet boat white is not matching.