• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gen. 2 Ford Raptor

Garyav16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I decided against the 2020 Raptor because of the inadequate towing capability. Because I tow everything from a jetski, 242 Limited and RV I went with the '20 GMC 2500 HD Denali. No sag like on my '17 F150 Lariat. If it wasn't for all the camera options I'd forget that it's back there. About 10K cheaper than the Raptor. IMG_0539.jpeg

Bopogi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
What ball mount drops you use for the Raptor pulling the 24 or 25 feet boats?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I live on the lake now and haven’t towed my boat or jet ski in a long time. If I ever do it would be less than 10 miles most likely. So my main objective isn’t towing. Also don’t want something that isn’t reliable or unrealistic to drive day to day. It isn’t a cheap truck. Not to mix threads with the hotly debated Tesla thread, but if the Tesla truck was out this may be a whole different discussion. But from what I read production is 2 years away.
Rivian will be out by the end of the year. Might be worth a check.

It's an actual usable product, with tons of R&D behind it. Not a post apocalyptic rending from a tech centric company.

Edit......looks like I missed the "you already bought something" post. Whoops

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I love mine! Picture taken today after I wrapped the boat.

She don't break a sweat at all towing our 242 back and forth from Tn to Florida on our annual trip to the Exumas.

Only thing I added was Sumo Springs for rear to stop the squat!

What color sumo springs did you get? Yellow Blue Black?

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I run the blue. I wanted it to be soft when unloaded on ruff roads. Only pic no real sag.
20190907_193446.jpg

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I decided against the 2020 Raptor because of the inadequate towing capability. Because I tow everything from a jetski, 242 Limited and RV I went with the '20 GMC 2500 HD Denali. No sag like on my '17 F150 Lariat. If it wasn't for all the camera options I'd forget that it's back there. About 10K cheaper than the Raptor. View attachment 114562
My toy hauler is 7k lbs empty add a side by side dirt bike gear etc,,,, i have firestone airbags to balance the load, no issues at all, dont like the 250's

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length