• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gen. 2 Ford Raptor

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any Gen 2 Ford Raptor owners here?

How do you like them if so? I am about due to trade in my Nissan Titan and have test drove a couple recently. Definitely doesn’t have the great V8 sound but was quick and fun to drive.

Felt very wide as well but not unbearable. I don’t do much towing anymore but 8000 pounds is plenty for if I ever need to.

I have found a few fully loaded 2019s (802a package etc) discounted over $7000. So peaked my interest.

Just curious about real world experience and reliability.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
If you’re towing regularly I wouldn’t. Suspension designed to soak up bumps not tow. I see them on the highway, and with minimal weight they squat A LOT. Otherwise pretty comfy for a truck.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I love mine!!! It does squat a fair amount with a 242 but moving the post back to move the center of gravity back more over the tandem wheels helped quite a bit. I tow from Atlanta to PCB FL about 5 times a year plus down to the Keys or Miami once a year. Fun in the winter too! F06360A4-707B-4F4F-9E47-19E2035827E5.jpegB34A5007-759E-4E2F-B96B-F9BE9C73C499.jpeg024312C3-7B62-4FBC-ABF9-AA45390F63EA.jpeg

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I live on the lake now and haven’t towed my boat or jet ski in a long time. If I ever do it would be less than 10 miles most likely. So my main objective isn’t towing. Also don’t want something that isn’t reliable or unrealistic to drive day to day. It isn’t a cheap truck. Not to mix threads with the hotly debated Tesla thread, but if the Tesla truck was out this may be a whole different discussion. But from what I read production is 2 years away.

sfadchi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love mine!!! It does squat a fair amount with a 242 but moving the post back to move the center of gravity back more over the tandem wheels helped quite a bit. I tow from Atlanta to PCB FL about 5 times a year plus down to the Keys or Miami once a year. Fun in the winter too!
Hey Rod! Were you at Durhamtown this past weekend?

To the OP! These trucks will tow a 240 series with ease. If you're going to tow really frequently then I'd suggest swapping out the rear leafs to Deavers or ICONs.

Here's a little video I put together from this weekend.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Nice vid! No we were there for the March event. We had a blast but didn’t like how many trucks they allowed 50+ trucks... October was even bigger at what 69 trucks. Way too much waiting in line with that many trucks...

sfadchi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice vid! No we were there for the March event. We had a blast but didn’t like how many trucks they allowed 50+ trucks... October was even bigger at what 69 trucks. Way too much waiting in line with that many trucks...
I was there in March as well. This time was much more organized and I'd say yes at the beginning of the day on Saturday there was some waiting in line, but by lunch time you could hot lap the truck if you wanted to. Also on Sunday there was never any wait at all.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I was there in March as well. This time was much more organized and I'd say yes at the beginning of the day on Saturday there was some waiting in line, but by lunch time you could hot lap the truck if you wanted to. Also on Sunday there was never any wait at all.
Oh good to know. We wondered about going on Sunday instead of Saturday if it would be less waiting and less trucks.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

To the OP! These trucks will tow a 240 series with ease. If you're going to tow really frequently then I'd suggest swapping out the rear leafs to Deavers or ICONs.

Note to self:

Do not buy used Raptors.

Jack Long

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I love mine! Picture taken today after I wrapped the boat.

She don't break a sweat at all towing our 242 back and forth from Tn to Florida on our annual trip to the Exumas.

Only thing I added was Sumo Springs for rear to stop the squat!

Black Lady A.jpg

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

That's pretty badass, I wouldn't have the cajones to launch seventy grand worth of truck, lol. Love to go for a ride!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
hot

Teledatageek

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I love mine! Picture taken today after I wrapped the boat.

She don't break a sweat at all towing our 242 back and forth from Tn to Florida on our annual trip to the Exumas.

Only thing I added was Sumo Springs for rear to stop the squat!

View attachment 106736
I have the same model Raptor - I'm going to be towing a 21S, should I be thinking about Sumo Springs as well? Which model did you go with? Without the trailer - does it change the drive characteristics much?

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I just run mine stock and let her sag...

Teledatageek

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I just run mine stock and let her sag...
Do you tow a short distance or? Most of our towing will be at least an hour and sometimes 500+ miles. Seems like it could get annoying. Would putting some weight in the back of the boat help? Several years ago, I had a 212SS which I would think is similar in weight to the new 212S - towed with Jeep GC, VW Toureg and Explorer - no sag whatsoever...

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
We’re about 40 min from driveway to ramp and go most every weekend and we make 3 to 5 trips per summer to the beach pulling it 6 to 7 hours each way. I moved the winch mount back about 5 inches to lighten the tongue some. It would be nice to have it more level or less sag but it’s not that big of a deal to me.

Jack Long

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have the same model Raptor - I'm going to be towing a 21S, should I be thinking about Sumo Springs as well? Which model did you go with? Without the trailer - does it change the drive characteristics much?
The sag is bad!

I moved the bow stop back on the trailer and it made no difference. So you will definetly want to add the Sumo Springs.

As long as you are not jumping your Raptor, you will not be able to tell a difference.